Locate this job
We are an apparel group located in Western, PA. We are looking to add a Copywriter to our team of professionals for a fulltime onsite position.
SUMMARY collaborating with the creative and merchant teams, the Copywriter creates original copy and content for a wide range of products to be used across all print and online media.
* Captures in words the essence of each new product. Through close partnership with creative, merchant and design teams, the Copywriter determines the most compelling benefits (the “reason to buy”) that will elicit a sale from our customer. Responsible for “brand voice” at the product level.
* Develops engaging and brand-appropriate cover messaging, editorials and headlines for catalogs.
* Ensure quality and accuracy of copy through careful proofreading and cross-checking all details against merchant specifications.
* Collaborates with creative and merchant teams to develop internal and external promotions and educational pieces.
* Monitors new customer reviews to enhance creative presentation in catalogs and other print media.
* Manages multiple writing projects with the ability to adhere to a corporate-wide production schedule.
* Reviews competitor catalogs, fashion and advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other marketing data as necessary. Formulates concepts and presentation approaches as requested.
* Has a basic understanding of merchandise metrics and analytics to determine product success. Uses this information to formulate concepts for future catalogs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university (English major or related major); and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS Required: Proficiency in InDesign, Microsoft Office and Mac operating systems. Experience with Filemaker Pro is a plus.
Apply on company website