3M HIS Chief Nosologist Officer – Silver Spring, MD Job Listing at 3M in Silver Spring, MD (Job ID 3m-1301533&lang=en)
Title: 3M HIS Chief Nosologist Officer – Silver Spring, MD
Location: Maryland-Silver Spring
3M HISChief Nosologist Officer – Silver Spring, MD
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
3M Health Information Systems, Inc., is the leader in providing healthcare funding and performance management solutions. With more than 5,000 customers, 3M Health Information Systems enables healthcare providers to enhance operations, shorten revenue cycle times, improve patient care and achieve an electronic health record solution.
Seeking a Chief Nosologist that is a highly motivated self starter to join our team. As a Chief Nosologist your responsibilities will include:
• High profile spokesperson for coding and coding systems at a national scene
• Influence coding policy
• Represent 3M HIS resident in house expert on coding and coding systems
• Perform Voice of Customer and product improvement feature functionality
• Write comments on coding related issues such as ICD-10 adoption for Federal Register
• Publish articles on coding system and rebuttles to articles on coding systems
• Perform key note speaking engagements at AHIMA and other national events
• Become a member of key influence groups such as the AHIMA broad and Coding Clinic
• Maintain coding expertise in classifications systems in accordance with official coding guidelines.
• Keep abreast of trends in the market and classification usage in health care policy.
• Provide guidance on major initiatives and solutions to business process and growth opportunities through regular interfaces with management at all levels.
• Expert on issues related to autocoding and compliance with coding clinics and regulatory requirements
• Works directly with regular contacts outside 3M, such as business or professional representatives with decision-making authority in client organizations, competing organizations and outside business groups.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Minimum of 7 years of applicable hospital coding
Expertise with ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, Snomed, CPT coding system
• RHIA/ RHIT and CCS (Certified Coding Specialist
• Expertise in clinical terminology
• Candidate must have prior experience presenting health care related topics at national or regional conferences.
• Candidate must have been lead author on healthcare related peer reviewed journal articles.
• Ability to excel in a complex, cross-functional and dynamic work environment
• Key characteristics include strategic thinker, creative, assertive, analytical, action-oriented, methodical, clear writing and messaging ability, fast learner, strong business acumen, excellent presentation skills
• Working style is able to prioritize, multi-task, focus on goals, takes accountability and manages time well
• Passionate, team player that energizes and leads others
• High integrity and work ethic are expected and highly valued
• Proficient with MS-Office tools
• Required ability to adapt and respond quickly to new requests
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts and information
• Excellent knowledge of disease and procedure classification systems and thorough understanding of official coding guidelines is required.
This position is a 3MHISposition and is therefore not a 3M benefited position. The position is subject to the benefit package under 3MHISbenefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager.
No relocation available
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in DC Metro
View similar jobs:
Federal - Training Sustainment Developer
Accenture - Alexandria, VA
Program Supervisor (Residential)
Cornerstone Mongtomery - Silver Spring, MD
Administrative Assistant, North America Regional Office
The Nature Conservancy - Arlington, VA
Locate this job: