3M Run SAP - IT Functional & Configuration Analyst - Finance (FI)* Job Listing at 3M in Maplewood, MN
Title: 3M Run SAP - IT Functional & Configuration Analyst - Finance (FI)*
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
The IT Functional & Configuration Analyst is responsible for supporting the business processes in SAP including requirements definition, data integrity, testing, training, and reporting. The IT Functional & Configuration Analyst has broad knowledge of 3M’s business processes in general and knowledge of 3M SAP finance components (Record to Report (RTR) and associated business process. The Functional & Configuration Analyst will collaborate with internal and external partners to identify and resolve business issues and drive innovative solutions; helping ensure that quality customer service is provided to SAP finance users and their associated business processes. The Functional & Configuratino Analyst must have the ability to perform business process troubleshooting independently while working effectively across 3M’s SAP Support and Global IT Organizations when required
* Perform configuration analysis across SAP in Finance and Controlling (FICO), including product costing, material ledger, profit centers and contribution reportingAbility to understand and perform configuration analysis, particularly SAP Finance (FI)
* Configure and test solutions, including updating appropriate documentation for New general Ledger (GL), financial reporting, account payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR)
* Provide functional knowledge for the applications supported by 3M’s SAP support organization and associated business processes
* Ability to resolve complex business requirements via SAP configured solutions
* Develop functional specifications and guide the development of those programs within the development team
* Work with Senior Business Analysts to define user requirements, and translate them to functional specifications
* Work closely with the Technology team to provide 24X7 functional and technology support on SAP systems
* Resolve Level 2 queries (i.e. break/fix, etc) that are assigned to them by the Queue Manager
* Accountable for end to end to end resolution of incidents; track and monitor incidents throughout the lifecycle
* Be a single contact point for all user queries
* Collaborates as needed with other SAP support team members on configuration design questions and analysis
* Facilitates interactions and escalations with appropriate groups (e.g.3M SAP Solution teams, Global Infrastructure, etc)
* Accountable for completion of all communication activities back to the consumer (while communication may be executed by others, case manager is accountable for the completion of communication activities)
* Meet or exceed established SAP Support Service Level Agreement (SLA)
* Special projects as assigned
* Update procedures, operation instructions, and any other documentation impacted by system changes
* Participate on department teams to develop various procedures / policies.
* Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
* Bachelor’s Level University / College Degree
* Minimum of 3 year experience working with SAP Finance (FI)
* Minimum 3 yrs business process design and / or redesign
* Experience working on or supporting one or more Full Life Cycle SAP R3 implementation
* Experience working with SAP Solution Manager, ARIS, BMC Remedy, and Kinetic Request
* Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment
* Understanding of integration points between SAP Finance and Controlling (FI/CO), Sales and Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Production Planning (PP), and Business Warehouse (BW)
* Experience working in a global SAP environment
* Individual must be detail oriented, self-directed and have strong independent problem solving skills. The ability to multi-task is inherent in the job responsibilities
* Ability to develop and exercise task specific project plans with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to travel internationally if needed
* Off hours on-call support is required
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Finance jobs in St. Paul, MN
View similar jobs:
Account Executive - Correspondent - Minnesota
Chase - MN, Minnesota
Financial Modeling/Financial Analytics
Sunrise Systems Inc - Eden Prairie, MN
International Systems Analyst
Rose International - Minneapolis, MN
Locate this job: