Applications Engineer* - NVH Heavy & Durable Equiptment Markets Job Listing at 3M in Indianapolis, IN
Title: Applications Engineer* - NVH Heavy & Durable Equiptment Markets
3M is seeking an Applications Engineer - Noise, Vibration, Harshness & Thermal (NVH&T) Engineering for the Industrial Business Group, Aerospace Aircraft Maintenance Division
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Applications Engineer - NVH&T will primarily be responsible for providing overall NVH&T engineering for the Heavy & Durable Equiptment Markets. This is an exciting position working in an attractive technical environment with as much as 20 percent Business travel. This important position requires an individual with strong leadership skills, who is a good decision maker with the ability to collect facts and separate symptoms from problems in the area of NVH&T engineering. Typical development activities will take place in the home office, Acoustic Technology Center and in the field with customers.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* The NVH&T Engineer has to be able to ascertain cost effective NVH&T solutions for Heavy & Durable Equiptment market applications while interacting with OEM’s engineering personnel.
* Develop and improve NVH&T materials.
* Provide leadership, guidance and coordination to test engineers and technicians on acoustic development programs and material evaluations.
* Present technical papers at conferences and trade shows.
* Provide technical support to PR releases and other promotional efforts.
* Lead technical training for selected Aearo personnel (account managers, customer service, inside sales, etc.)
* Assist in literature development, and other tasks as assigned.
Location : The person hired for the position of Applications Engineer will be located in Indianapolis, IN. This position may include up to 20% travel.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
* Bachelor's level degree or higher in an Engineering, Science or Technical discipline from an accredited University
* Master’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
* 3 years of Engineering experience
* 1 year of Noise & Vibration Control and/or Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) Experience
* Noise and vibration Data acquisition and/or analysis experience
* Statistical Energy Analysis Experience
* Thermal Energy Control experience
* Significant course/laboratory work in Acoustics and Vibration Engineering.
* 3 years of experience in the field of noise, vibration and thermal control in a commercial and/or industrial setting associated with one or more of the following industries: Heavy and Durable Equiptment, Automotive, Bus or RV.
* Strong leadership skills. Candidate should be an energized self-starter, innovative, analytical, and pragmatic team player.
* Excellent verbal communication skills at multiple levels of internal as well as external customers and suppliers organizations.
* Knowledge of passive airborne and structure-borne noise control techniques.
* Knowledge of characteristics and testing of Noise, Vibration and Thermal Control Materials.
* Experience with Sound and vibration measurements and analysis techniques to extract a fundamental understanding of vehicle’s NVH characteristics and develop commercial solutions.
* Practical understanding of heat transfer and thermal insulation.
* A successful record of customer interaction, excellent technical presentation skills, interpersonal abilities, and multi-tasking skills while maintaining objectivity.
* Demonstrated commercial business savvy.
* Able to manage/coordinate all interactions with cross-functional teams.
* Experience with applications engineering where rapid solutions and a quick turnaround are required on limited scope projects.
* Experienced in working directly with customers to translate requirements into technical aspects of NVH&T package development.
* Expert in selection and application of NVH&T control materials such as PVC, polyurethane, polyolefin, SBR, PVC/SBR alloys, foams, damping composites and other NVH&T management products.
* Experience with Advanced NVH Experimental Techniques for Noise Control Package Design such as Transfer Path Analysis, Beam Forming, Selective Sound Intensity, etc.
* Experience with thermal measurements and analysis techniques.
* Experience with Heavy and Durable Equiptment NVH development using chassis dynamometers
* Familiarity with CAD systems (CATIA, Pro-E, and SolidWorks).
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit3M.comor follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Indianapolis, IN
View similar jobs:
Sr Specialist Tech Project Mgmt
AT&T - Indianapolis, IN
Belcan - Indianapolis, IN
CAD tech/CNC Programmer
Belcan - Greenfield, IN
Locate this job: