Government & Public Affairs Manager Job Listing at 3M in Belgium
Title: Government & Public Affairs Manager
3M Europe is looking for a Government & Public Affairs” (GPA) Manager
3M is looking for a manager (senior associate) to support the team for government & public affairs for Europe which is located at the 3M European headquarters in Brussels (Diegem).
What are your responsibilities?
· Support the team for government & public affairs for Europeand report to its head. The main objective of the GPA team is to position 3M with policy stakeholders and society.
· Connect withEU institutionsas requested such as Commission, Parliament, Council (PermReps) and other policy stakeholders to support 3M leadership in informing policy makers and stakeholders (key areas: energy, healthcare, home affairs, transport, climate & environment, single market, R&D).
· Draft 3M policy positions or any supporting document in relation to the selected 3M priorities and the GPA strategy implementation.
· Represent 3M in key industry associations, think tanks or events and report to 3M to provide potential future added value to policy makers.
· Act in any circumstance with respect towards others while always preserving 3M’s reputation.
What is your profile?
· Deep understanding of the EU institutions, its policies and processes and general practice with government:experience with Parliament (e.g. assistant to MEP) in the energy, healthcare, home affairs, transport or environment areas, is highly valued in addition to any other experience at EC or Council/Member States (internship, temporary contract). Minimum 5 year work experience with EU institutions or public policy issues.
· Good networks within relevant policy making institutions: Commission officials in key DGs; Parliament members and their advisers; Council and the MS permanent representations; other key stakeholders (NGO, think tanks...).
· Effective communicator with good inter-personal skills:fluent in English (written & spoken) and strong power point skills(and excel possibly).
· Strategic thinking and analytical skills with ability to assimilate various aspects of an issue rapidly (education: masters’ degree required).
· Recognized commitment to ethics and transparency.
What does 3M offer?
3M offers a professional environment with modern tools of communication, a team of enthusiastic and motivated colleagues and training facilities during your career.
3M offers a competitive salary, many advantages and the necessary freedom to carry out your responsibilities in an innovating and creative way.
Are you interested?
If yes, please forward your application through our website: www.3m.be/careers
The vacancy number is: 1301067
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Government jobs in Belgium
Locate this job: