IT Advanced Specialist, BT Regression Test Lead * Job Listing at 3M in Maplewood, MN
Title: IT Advanced Specialist, BT Regression Test Lead *
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
IT Advanced Specialist, BT Regression Test Lead
This is a key role in the Quality & Test Management group that will specifically support the development and execution of the Polaris regression test suite. This role will encompass working with the Quality Manager in developing the regression testing methodology as well as the use of test automation for regression testing. Expectations are this role will manage the day to day regression testing efforts across multiple projects and locations, regression test plan creation, test scheduling
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Oversee both production support level and release level end to end regression testing
* Coordinate with and gather input from multiple teams to gain a high level understanding of regression testing needs for each of the business areas and projects.
* Develop and own a regression testing repository
* Develop a Regression Test Plan for each release
* Manage a team of SME/Super Users and Business Analysts in support of Testing,
* Drive the use of test automation through the regression suite
* Facilitate continued automation of regression test scripts. Evaluate regression suite test scripts and provide guidance to improve scripts for automation
* Provide status reporting for the testing effort
* Actively seek and implement continuous improvement opportunities into the testing process
* Interfaces directly with Compliance and Validation SMEs to ensure testing requirements are defined; ensure test cases are developed to Compliance/Validation standards; and ensure all relevant test artifacts are appropriately reviewed and approved by Compliance/Validation SMEs
* Performs quality reviews of teams' test results, defects and test cases to ensure adherence to established testing standards
* Provides program-wide support and coaching to Process Teams on activities related to quality and testing.
* Assists in the review and approval of the Requirement Traceability Matrix
Location: The person hired for the position of Regression Test Lead will be located in St. Paul, MN and relocation benefits are currently authorized for this position. This position may include up to 10 % travel.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
* 3 years of experience with Test methodology
* 3 years demonstrated leadership experience
* 3-5 Years of SAP ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
* 5 years of testing experience with 3 years release level testing experience
* Strong Knowledge of HP Quality Center (QC10 or ALM11)
* 3-5 Years of SAP Experience across multiple modules
* Knowledgeable in Test Automation
* Ability to understand complex business processes
* Ability to lead and influence without direct authority
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong facilitation, influencing, and verbal/written communication skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in St. Paul, MN
View similar jobs:
Systems Qa Analyst 4
Wells Fargo - Minneapolis, MN
Kelly Services - Eden Prairie, MN
IT Senior Software Engineer - Java
KellyMitchell Group - Minneapolis, MN
Locate this job: