Lead Manufacturing Supervisor (Elyria, OH) Job Listing at 3M in Elyria, OH
Title: Lead Manufacturing Supervisor (Elyria, OH)
3M is seeking a Lead Manufacturing Supervisor for the Home Care Division
Location: The person hired for the position ofLead Manufacturing Supervisor will be located inElyria, OH . Relocation assistance is not available. Travel is anticipated to be 10%
Job Summary: The position of Lead Manufacturing Supervisor will supervise all functions involved in the production of sponge products in a safe and economic fashion. The right candidate will be responsible for a 24/7 production operation. The right candidate will have direct supervision of 4 shift production supervisors. The right candidate will be responsible for training, safety performance, product quality, cost control, employee communications, employee morale and productivity.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides and ensures pass down of appropriate training and instructions to employees on standard and new operating procedures. Reviews, updates and communicates product standards. Ensures a safe working environment, correcting unsafe behaviors, safety meetings and utilizing proper work methods, procedures and equipment. Provides effective communication to employees.
• Responsible for the day to day operations of a production area which are on 3 shifts. Provide direct supervision to 4 production supervisors and indirect supervision of 130 union hourly employees. Plans weekly work schedules, determines priorities, allocates work assignments and regulates production process in order to meet specific daily production requirements. Evaluates employee’s performance and provides necessary feedback.
• Monitors production rates, yields and quality of products on a daily basis and provides feedback to employees on results. Addresses production issues such as scheduling, quality, run time, etc. May make process suggestions to improve quality and reduce costs.
• Applies working knowledge and interpretation of corporate and plant policies and procedures. Oversees shift administrative activities such as time reporting, attendance control, vacation planning, overtime, production reporting etc. Prepares and analyzes production indices for reporting purposes.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited University
· Minimum of three years manufacturing experience
· Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
· Minimum of three years supervisory experience
· Computer Skills (Database Experience/Statistics)
· Lean Manufacturing Training
· Six Sigma Green Belt
· 7 or more years manufacturing experience
· Written and Verbal Communication Skills
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visithttp://www.youtube.com/user/3Mor follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Cleveland, OH
View similar jobs:
Manufacturing Tuning Specialist
Kelly Services - Akron, OH
CNC/ Lathe Machine Operator/CNC Mill Machinist
Kelly Services - Tallmadge, OH
Plastic Injection Mold Machinist in Kent, Ohio
Kelly Services - Kent, OH
Locate this job: