Manufacturing Engineer* Job Listing at 3M in Indianapolis, IN (Job ID 3m-1208098&lang=en)
Title: Manufacturing Engineer*
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
The Indianapolis OH&ES organization is seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer to contribute to the continuous improvement of manufacturing process and the execution of capital projects in support of 3M global manufacturing operations. In this position you will become involved with the design, assembly, and implementation of molding, assembly, and packaging systems used to manufacture 3M hearing protection products. This position will be focused on the design and assembly of active hearing headsets that provide both hearing protection and communication capability. Specific responsibilities will include; production support engineer, capital equipment justification, hardware design, automation, systems integration, and project management from conception thru implementation and continuous improvement in production.
You will work on multiple projects concurrently, working independently and with cross functional teams that will include: R&D, Maintenance, Marketing, Senior management and international manufacturing groups.
The responsibilities, experience and talents include but are not limited to:
- Discover and solve problems involving manufacturing processes and production equipment
- Lead project teams consisting of process engineers, designers, and contractors to build and install new manufacturing solutions for hand assembly, automation and packaging processes
- Support manufacturing operations in Indy plant and International manufacturing as required
- Discover, justify, and implement innovative solutions to continuously drive efficiency improvements in all aspects of hearing protection manufacturing
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, between individuals who are multiple levels above and below your position
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 5% of the time
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
* Minimum a Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* Minimum of 3 years engineering and/or manufacturing experience
* B.S. degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Experience with hand assembly operations
* Experience with soldering operations
* Experience with manufacturing equipment installation and the ability to gain process and product understanding for many different manufacturing processes
* Demonstrated knowledge of managing project cost and schedule
* Demonstrated knowledge of team formation and contract management strategies
* Familiar with in Rockwell PLC & PC programming
* Experienced in mechanical engineering design of components and systems
* Knowledgeable of PLC, vision, machine motion, measurement/sensing hardware
* Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Green / Black Belt experience
* Solid foundation in both Mechanical and Electrical design principles
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Indianapolis, IN
View similar jobs:
Press operator, Shelbyville, IN
Kelly Services - Shelbyville, IN
Goodyear - Indianapolis, IN
Manufacturing Technician - Retread production
Goodyear - Indianapolis, IN
Locate this job: