Manufacturing Technology Engineer Job Listing at 3M in Maplewood, MN
Title: Manufacturing Technology Engineer
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer for the Personal Safety Division
Location:The person hired for the position ofManufacturing Technology Engineer will be located inMaplewood, MN . Relocation assistance is available.
Travel is expected to be 25%
The primary responsibility for this position within the Personal Safety Division, Manufacturing Technology Development group, is to support Hearing Protection products. This will include product support for ear muff and ear plug products, as well as working on NPI (New Product Introduction) and RSS (Regional Self-Supply) projects.
The employee will work with multiple 3M plant locations, suppliers, and outsourced manufacturers. Technologies will include injection molding, materials science, assembly of parts, packaging, polyurethane foam molding technology, and die cutting. Projects will encompass raw material qualifications, tooling qualifications, assessing and improving manufacturability, incorporating Lean principles, leading source of supply and RSS analyses, and optimizing products for supply chain and unit cost.
The employee should be a strong team player, capable of participating on multiple cross-functional projects. Some travel will be required. Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing is strongly desired.
Major responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
· Lead the process development for new products and processes
· Identify and implement cost reduction projects
· Facilitate the technology transfer of new products and processes to manufacturing
· Deliver projects safely, on-time, and within budget.
· Support cross-functional NPI or NTI teams
· Communicate timelines, deliverables, resource needs to complete projects in a timely manner
· Establish cost estimates and manufacturing plans
· Proficiently plan, organize, and carry out complex engineering activities independently
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited University
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing plant or laboratory environment
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
• Previous experience with injection molding
• Previous experience with hardgoods
• Previous experience with plastics
• Minimum of three years experience with project management
• Demonstrated use of skills and knowledge of equipment, systems, materials, processes, and procedures to solve manufacturing problems
• Self-starter who leads with high energy and passion
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and across multiple disciplines
• Effective facilitation, communication, and teaching skills
• Ability to engage and influence the organization
• Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
• Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistics tools
• Results-oriented with strong process and execution skills
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visithttp://www.youtube.com/user/3M
or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in St. Paul, MN
View similar jobs:
Office Depot - Plymouth, MN
Office Depot - Plymouth, MN
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Kelly Services - Plymouth, MN
Locate this job: