Manufacturing Technology Engineer* Job Listing at 3M in Maplewood, MN (Job ID 3m-1300378&lang=en)
Title: Manufacturing Technology Engineer*
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer for the Personal Safety Division
Location:The person hired for the position ofManufacturing Technology Engineer will be located inMaplewood, MN . Relocation assistance is available.
The primary responsibility for this position within the Personal Safety Division, Manufacturing Technology Development group, is to support Active Hearing products. This will include product support for active communications products, as well as working on NPI and RSS (regional self-supply) projects.
The employee will work with multiple 3M plant locations, suppliers, and outsourced manufacturers. Technologies will include electronics assembly, injection molding, printed circuit board assembly, and assembly of parts,. Projects will encompass raw material qualifications, tooling qualifications, assessing and improving manufacturability, incorporating lean principles, leading source of supply and RSS analyses, and optimizing products for supply chain and unit cost.
Major responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
· Lead the process development for new products and processes
· Identify and implement cost reduction projects
· Facilitate the technology transfer of new products and processes to manufacturing
· Deliver projects safely, on-time, and within budget.
· Support cross-functional NPI or NTI teams
· Communicate timelines, deliverables, resource needs to complete projects in a timely manner
· Establish cost estimates and manufacturing plans
· Proficiently plan, organize, and carry out complex engineering activities independently
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited University
Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing plant or laboratory environment
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
· Previous experience with electronics assembly, printed circuit board assembly, plastics, injection molding and/or hardgoods assembly
· Minimum of three years experience with project management
· Demonstrated use of skills and knowledge of equipment, systems, materials, processes, and procedures to solve manufacturing problems
· Self-starter who leads with high energy and passion
· Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams and across multiple disciplines
· Effective facilitation, communication, and teaching skills
· Ability to engage and influence the organization
· Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
· Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistics tools
· Results-oriented with strong process and execution skills
About Personal Safety Division
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visithttp://www.youtube.com/user/3Mor follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in St. Paul, MN
View similar jobs:
Utility Operator - Red Wing, MN
ADM - Red Wing, MN
QA Manager, Food Processing #45349
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. - Shakopee, MN
Continuous Roll Towel Operator
Cintas - Maple Grove, MN
Locate this job: