Plant Engineer - Newark, DE Job Listing at 3M in Newark, DE
Title: Plant Engineer - Newark, DE
3M is seeking a Plant Engineer for the Industrial & Transportation Business, Aerospace Aircraft Maintenance Division, Aearo Technologies manufacturing plant.
Job Summary : The person hired for the position of Plant Engineer will primarily be responsible for equipment & facilities maintenance and improvement projects, and environment health & safety (EHS) support.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Responsible for the overall engineering involvement in the plant operations, equipment, facilities, utilities, and grounds.
* Secure management's approval of capital expenditures to complete the required installations and upon completion, conclude the satisfactory work with final closings.
* Provide supervision and leadership to all maintenance personnel. Plan, schedule and coordinate Maintenance Department's services and expertise with all operating departments and facilities. Continually monitor maintenance personnel performance and utility consumption to insure the production of quality production and highest efficiency of operating department's equipment and processes.
* Monitor and implement Safety Program within the department based on company policies. Provide safety corrections on equipment as deemed necessary.
* Coordinate plant safety, OSHA, environmental concerns following 3M EHS Guidelines.
* Performs complex research and analysis and ensures compliance with established manufacturing principles.
* Provide engineering expertise for Maintenance Facilities and continuous improvement projects.
* Analyze and troubleshoot any process and operating problem and provide completed resolution by internal manpower and/or materials or by outside sources.
* Continually improve operating equipment and facilities at minimum cost and maximum performance.
* Develop and maintain departmental budgets within prescribed levels.
* Responsible for the procurement and inventory of spare parts for continuous equipment operations with minimum associated downtime.
* Maintain and continually upgrade an effective Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Program for all plant equipment and facilities.
* Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System in order to analyze costs, problem areas, equipment replacements and justifications.
* Set up outside contracts for preventive maintenance on critical equipment.
* Convey knowledge and understanding of engineering to maintenance personnel in developing and implementing plant projects/improvements.
* Maintain part maintenance program and records as required. Complete accounting procedures on equipment purchases and receipts for maximum expediency.
* Participate in site trained Hazardous Materials Response (HAZMAT) team
* Ensure calibration of equipment is completed accurately and timely.
* Engineering skills and knowledge of engineering concepts, procedures, and methods to direct craftspeople to maintain machines, systems and facilities
Location : The person hired for the position of Plant Engineer will be located in Newark, Delaware and relocation assistance will not be available. This position may include up to 10% travel.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university
* Minimum of 5 years plant engineering, maintenance and/or in a plant supervisory role
* Bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and/or Industrial Engineering
* Minimum 3 years of previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience with fluid handling systems
* Experience with electro-mechanical equipment design/improvements
Aearo Technologies, LCC - a 3M Company (http://www.earsc.com/) - is a leader in providing engineered system solutions using a wide array of proprietary materials to control excess noise, vibration, shock, and thermal energy. The Newark facility manufactures technologically advanced energy control materials.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visitwww.3m.comor follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View similar jobs:
J.P. Morgan Chase - DE, Delaware
UNIX, WebLogic - Middleware Engineer
Chase - DE, Delaware
UNIX, WebLogic - Lead Middleware Engineer
Chase - DE, Delaware
Locate this job: