Project Management Discipline Lead Job Listing at 3M in Maplewood, MN
Title: Project Management Discipline Lead
3M is seeking a Senior Project Management Discipline Lead Manager for the MVSS Business Unit.
Job Summary : The person hired for the position of Senior Project Management Discipline Lead Manager will own the project management discipline, supervise, coach and develop other project managers reporting to this position and support projects as needed.
The person hired for the position of Senior Project Management Discipline Lead Manager will be located in St. Paul, MN or Austin, TX. This position may include up to 40% travel - based on business needs.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Core role: Lead the Project Management discipline and community of practice – including supporting the practical implementation of established, processes and core tools/templates that align with the methodology.
* Core role: Act as the Project Manager development leader” for all project managers (employees and contractors). This includes responsibility for manpower (resource) planning to meet business needs.
* Core role: Advise and or act as a project manager on an active project.
* Support the development of the Organizational Change Management discipline
* Act as a point of project escalation as it relates to project management performance.
* Make assessment and contribute to decision on tools and templates to enhance project management methodology.
* Be the voice of project and organizational change management within the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited University
· Minimum 7 years of experience in project management
· Minimum 5 years of experience leading cross-functional teams
· Minimum 5 years of combined experience in the management of a technical and/or business organization with direct reports
· Experience in Organizational Change Management
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems/IT or related
· Project Management Professional (PMP or PMI) or similar certification
· 5 or more years of experience supporting or implementing PM methodology
· Experience working in a matrixed SW Delivery or Development environment
· Organizational Change Management certification (PROSCI, ADKAR, Kotter, Bachelor’s,etc)
· Experience managing multiple projects with varying potentially conflicting objectives
· Experience identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of the discipline
· Experience working within government domain
· Experienced leadership coach and team mentor
· Ability to effectively manage between client, technical and internal business teams
· Understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) and Business Analyst (BA) roles and responsibilities
· Strong communication and learning skills and aptitude
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visithttp://www.youtube.com/user/3Mor follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in St. Paul, MN
View similar jobs:
Business Development Manager
TalentAssist - Minneapolis, MN
ITSM / ITIL Analyst
Entegee Engineering Technical Group - Minneapolis, MN
Management Job Fair
Bed Bath & Beyond - Minnetonka, MN
Locate this job: