Technical Aide - Safety & Graphics Job Listing at 3M in Maplewood, MN
Title: Technical Aide - Safety & Graphics
3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Safety & Graphics Business – Personal Safety Division located in Maplewood, MN!
Every day, one out of every four people around the world uses a 3M product. That's because every day at 3M, our employees have one thing in mind - to help customers succeed at home, in the workplace, on the go and around the world. Our employees have an uncanny ability to see customer needs and then meet them by drawing on 3M's pool of technology.
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
Roles and Responsibilities: Working in a laboratory performing
* Sample preparation
* Chemical mixing
* Material testing
* Analytical testing
* Data entry and analysis
This particular position is a temporary, part-time non-exempt assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program and is not benefit eligible. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
This position is PART-TIME and limited to working no more than 32 hours per week and 899 hours per service credit year.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
* Completed at least one semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university OR 3 years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
* Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s level or higher degree program in Engineering and/or Textile Science related discipline with an accredited university,
* Achieved Freshman academic status preferred
* Undergraduate research experience in engineering or chemistry is preferred.
* Ability to operate sewing machine would be a plus
* Good computer skills and the ability to work independently
* Available to work a minimum of 8 hours weekly during the academic year and potentially 32 hours per week during the summer months
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visithttp://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/**http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in St. Paul, MN
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Eden Prairie, MN
Robert Half Technology - Eden Prairie, MN
Associate Web Producer
The Creative Group - Minneapolis, MN
Locate this job: