IT Business Analyst, Business Intelligence / Analytics Job Listing at 99¢ Only Stores in City of Commerce, CA
IT Business Analyst, Business Intelligence / Analytics
Key team member within the IT Business Process Enablement (BPE) Team with direct management responsibility of the 99¢ Only Business Intelligence portfolio. Individual will lead the team responsible for designing and delivering analytic solutions for the 99¢ Only Stores organization. Position partners with senior IT leaders and business program stakeholders to shape our enterprise BI strategy, establish governance disciplines and deliver against the information needs of the company.
Serves as the central point of contact for business reporting and analytics requirements and the development of information solutions. Works directly with the internal and offshore development resources to drive ongoing communication, coordination and integration of work efforts and productivity.
* Define, manage and deliver complex reporting initiatives.
* Partner effectively with IT Program owners to define the short and long-term information requirements critical to supporting process transformation initiatives.
* Drive ad-hoc tool use and report adoption into the business and analyst community.
* Establish a governance framework that directs the ownership of departmental data to community of stewards.
* Develop a forward-looking (2 to 3 years) BI portfolio and facilitate periodic reviews to help prioritize the work load based on strategic, financial, foundational and compliance considerations.
* Apply the Process Enablement Methodology in conjunction with the Systems Development Methodology to the analysis of business needs, documentation of requirements and translation into process improvements and system specifications. This would include the following deliverables:
* IT goal alignment matrix and summary
* Project requests / justifications and project charters
* RFPs / RFIs and vendor scorecards
* Business and functional requirements; use cases; process and data flow diagrams
* User Acceptance Test scenarios, cases and test scripts
* Training and change management materials
* Build and manage high performing team of business analysts (mentoring, training, succession planning)
* Provide input into the SDLC and PEM methodologies and processes
* Manage stakeholder relationships and expectations and assure overall customer satisfaction with programs and projects.
* Conduct post implementation reviews to assess project delivery and benefits against project goals and budget.
* Facilitate communication, presentations and demonstrations to all levels of management within the company.
* 10+ years IT Management with demonstrated process improvement experience and 3 to 5+ years of retail industry experience:
* Application package experience with tier one Business Intelligence software preferred
* Application Package experience with ERP solutions (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
* Familiarity with process analysis tools/methodologies such as Six Sigma
* 5+ years consulting / professional services experience is a significant plus
* Direct retail operations / business experience and/or the equivalent domain experience
* Experience working in a fast-paced, growth environment
* Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and inspire teams
* Ability to balance strategic (long range) planning and tactical decision making
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related degree
* General understanding of the broader retail operations and supply chain (Product Management, Pricing, Purchasing, Order Mgt, and Inventory & Cost Mgt) and Merchandise Management, Distribution Operations and Store Operations is a significant plus
* Demonstrated ability in successfully delivering large-scale, multi-million dollar projects
* Goal oriented and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined
* Working knowledge of one or more of the following: RUP, Rational Rose, UML, Quality Center or other business process mapping tools
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the enterprise including senior-level executives, business users, developers, and warehouse staff
* General understanding of Organizational Change Management methodologies and tools
* Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
* Superb problem solving and organizational skills
* Expertise with MS Office and Project / Portfolio Management tools
City of Commerce, California, United States
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Los Angeles, CA
View similar jobs:
Chase - CA, California
Branch Manager Trainee - Manhattan Beach/Hawthorne Areas - CA
Chase - CA, California
Sr Research Specialist - Mortgage Banking
Chase - CA, California
Locate this job: