Sr. Staff Accountant Job Listing at 99¢ Only Stores in City of Commerce, CA (Job ID 99only-215817)
Sr. Staff Accountant
TheSenior Staff Accountantwill be responsible for maintaining correct general ledger balances for assigned accounts and assist Accounting Manager in reviewing staffs’ accounting functions for a portfolio of leased and owned retail properties, and maintenance of the Company's fixed assets.
* Work with Real Estate department to analyze and prepare monthly triple net accruals and reconciliations.
* Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for all Company’s personal and real property taxes.
* Analyze new leases to determine capital vs. operating classification and other lease accounting treatment asoutlined in the Company's policies and procedures.
* Assist Property Accounting Manager in reviewing staffs’ monthly journal entries and reconciliations relating to lease accounting and maintenance of fixed asset sub-ledger.
* Analyze and communicate Real Estate and Construction departmental actual versus budgeted P/L with Real Estate and Construction vice-presidents.
* Prepare capital expenditure reports for reporting purposes.
* Analyze and prepare internal capitalize labor monthly journal entries and provide related reports to Management.
* Assist Property Accounting Manager in accounting research and implementing processes relating to new lease accounting guidance.
* Assist the Fixed Asset team to reconcile store physical count of fixed assets.
* Prepare various schedules as requested by internal and external auditors.
* 3+ years of property, fixed asset, and general ledger accounting experience.
* Tier I (SAP, Oracle) or II (Lawson) accounting software proficiency preferred.
* Organized with strong time management skills
* Analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to details.
* Strong written and communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of management.
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Experience in working for retail Company with multiple locations is preferred.
City of Commerce, California, United States
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Accounting jobs in Los Angeles, CA
View similar jobs:
Senior Tax Accountant
The Gordon Group - Torrance, CA
AutoNation - VALENCIA, CA
The Gordon Group - El Segundo, CA
Locate this job: