Software Engineer - Advertising Analytics and Reporting Job Listing at A9.com in Palo Alto, CA (Job ID a9-1342561162558)
Software Engineer - Advertising Analytics and Reporting
We are seeking a talented, energetic and self-motivated individual to develop business intelligence platform technologies, reporting tools and analytics infrastructure for the Advertising Technology team.
The Advertising Technology team powers state-of-the-art online advertising programs for Amazon.com, other premium online publishers, advertisers, and mobile developers across the globe. Our infrastructure supports millions of Internet users and handles billions of queries per day, all delivered in milliseconds. Our data platform processes massive data sets to develop business intelligence and analytics that are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business.
In this role, you will:
* Build business reporting infrastructure based on industry standards.
* Develop state-of-the-art data analytics platform technologies that provide interactive dashboards, business performance metrics, and ad-hoc reporting.
* Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions.
* Work closely with Amazon Display Advertising teams world-wide.
* Leverage cutting-edge tools and technology to continuously improve our data analytics infrastructure and reporting capability.
What you need:
* Bachelor''s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* At least 3 years of experience in building software systems and writing production code in Java.
* Hands-on knowledge and experience with relational databases, SQL, and map-reduce languages (Pig, Hive).
It is even better if you have:
* Master''s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Knowledge of web technologies and online advertising systems.
* Hands-on experience with commercial business reporting tools such as OBIEE.
* Software engineering experience with business intelligence systems and OLAP data warehouses.
You are going to love this job because you will:
* Work alongside top-notch engineers, product managers and business owners in a fast-paced productive environment.
* Contribute to a strategic Amazon initiative that reaches large audiences.
* Have access to Amazon's vast collection of tools and resources while working in a flexible small-company environment.
Just submit your applicationonline, and we’ll take it from there.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Utilities Engineering Technician III
City of Palo Alto - Palo Alto, CA
Engineer - Degreed III
Spectraforce - Santa Clara, CA
Mechanical Engineer (Manufacturing), Special Projects
Google - Mountain View, CA
Locate this job: