Material Handler (1st Shift) Job Listing at Accellent Inc. in Arvada, CO (Job ID accellent-2545)
Health Products & Services
Material Handler (1st Shift)
A key team member in the inventory control department supporting inventory control processes and procedures in the following inventory control areas. (Receiving, Inventory Control, Cycle Counting and Shipping) Assists Group Leader / Area Supervisor / Manager to improve and/or maintaining shipping, receiving and warehouse organization in respect to safety, quality of work, product flow, product identification, FIFO, inventory control, and housekeeping (5s program )Timely response to customer needs including expedites of shipments, physical counts, control of customer supplied inventories.
Key Result Accountabilities
* Has the responsibility of establishing and following documentation for normal material handling requirements (receiving, inventory control and shipping).
* Responsible for labeling accuracy with proper description and information for shipping/receiving and inventory control purposes.
* Must assist personnel where applicable.
* Develop and possess the ability to initiate and accurately complete the required documentation (i.e. certificates of compliance, packing lists, shipping labels, foreign invoices, daily shipping lists, inventory labels, etc.)
* Possess and/or obtain necessary skills to accurately perform all required duties.
* Performs job duties with limited supervision or assistance.
* Maintains cleanliness of work area, machines, tools, and equipment. (5S program in support of lean)
* Responsible for the safe operation and set-up of all warehousing equipment including lift trucks, pallet jacks, shrink wrappers, and scales.
* Responsible for performing routing preventive maintenance as assigned by Facilities Maintenance Manager.
* Responsible for reporting any suspected machine malfunctions to the immediate supervisor of the area in which he/she is working.
* Accurate documentation, reporting, time card maintenance.
* Responsible for following material requisitioning procedures for kitting (issuance ) of raw materials , moving of all raw material and work in process materials.
* Responsible for following all lot control procedures as defined by Q.A. Department.
* Manages shop floor material transactions
* Prints work order/ job travelers as needed.
* Performs material transactions as required to include issuing material to jobs.
* Monitors material transactions for accuracy and maintenance of traceability.
* Reviews completed jobs for transaction integrity and use information for necessary training and continued improvement.
* Follow all instructions contained in work order packets including: MPR s, MPS s, and Work Instructions.
* Complies with work rules including those pertaining to safety, health, Quality System, and the Accellent Quality Management System.
* Overtime as required.
* Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
* High School Diploma and 1-2 years prior related experience in an inventory control environment (receiving, inventory control, and shipping).
* Familiar with computer based inventory control systems
* Must be capable of assimilating Accellent systems and procedures quickly
* Able to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
* Working knowledge of material handling equipment and processes
* Solid understanding of ISO and Quality System Procedures
* Complete all job specific required training
* Perform duties to achieve overall business unit metrics
* Compliance all safety regulations, wears appropriate safety equipment as required in each area of the facility
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
Environmental Working Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Employee must comply with all safety policies and safe work procedures established by the company. Job tasks may also involve:
* · Using personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, gloves, and other equipment as established in company policies and safe work procedures.
* · Working with cutting & machining fluids, solvents, lubricants and other hazardous chemicals using appropriate safety controls.
* · Lifting up to 50 pounds.
* · Frequent carrying, bending, standing, sitting, and repetitive motion.
Employee will be expected to attend safety training, serve on the facility safety committee and participate in hazard analysis and resolution.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Arvada, Colorado, United States
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Denver, CO
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Mead, CO
Devereux - Westminster, CO
Apps Systems Engineer 4
Wells Fargo - Denver, CO
Locate this job: