Legal Manager Job Listing at Accenture in Sydney (Job ID 00210715)
Consulting, Business Development/Sales
Education: Juris Doctorate (or local equivalent).
• Minimum 5-7 years post-qualifying experience.
• Admitted to legal practice in Australia / licensed member of a Bar or local equivalent professional body.
• Deep experience in IT and/or relevant commercial transactions that demonstrates an increasing level of transactional responsibility and complexity.
• Previous experience in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group for an IT services vendor would be of assistance in performing this role.
• Travel required, particularly within country. Must be available to support deals on a regional basis as required.
• Extensive overtime may be required to carry out duties and in particular during active negotiations.
• May or may not supervise less experienced Legal Counsel
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Must have strong consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing experience working on complex transactions.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing services and offerings including identifying and managing new risks as they arise. Experience in mobile application, digital, website and cloud transactions would be a bonus.
• Demonstrated business/commercial acumen.
• Solutions orientated to assist to structure client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective;
• Deal directly with client counsel and negotiating teams;
• Strong negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to lead contract negotiations.
• Resilient under high pressure; able to balance between moving a deal forward and maintaining objectivity about the soundness of the deal and compliance with Accenture principles and standards.
• Help develop, and understand, risk mitigation strategies for contractual risks;
• Confidence in dealing with all levels of management
• Counsel, advise, and consult Accenture executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity
• Understanding of principles of finance, accounting and management relevant to a publicly listed company;
• Understanding of privacy, intellectual property and other recurring contractual issues as they apply to Accenture's commercial transactions;
• Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support other legal counsel, if required;
• Manage external legal support if required;
• Up to date with legal developments affecting Accenture, its clients, and the industries in which they operate;
• Ability to independently manage drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents and correspondence on a range of transactions;
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a broader team;
• Ability to present alternatives and propose solutions ("think outside the square");
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Appreciation of diversity management and cultural awareness;
• Able to present innovative, original solutions.
• Strong research capability;
• Responsive and follows through on commitments.
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
Accenture is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
First Data - North Sydney, Australia
Locate this job: