AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN I-Peoria, IL Job Listing at ADM in Peoria, IL
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Agriculture
AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN I-Peoria, IL
Shift First Shift
External Job Description
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visitwww.adm.com.
Automation Technician I – Peoria, IL
This is a full time, non-exempt position.
Automation Technician will maintain process controls for the long term operation of the plant. Develop information systems to organize and share data with users in a process control environment. Strong emphasis on computer software and hardware skills.
Background required in controls and instrumentation in a chemical processing environment. This role will be responsible for all aspects of process control programming. The Automation Specialist will provide programming support for software applications that cover a wide range of control system development and operational needs, including PLC and DCS Programming and configurations, development and programming of graphical user interfaces such as D3 Totalvision and Wonderware InTouch , and network switch configurations. They will be expected to design, document, implement, and support new applications per the requirements of engineers, and other ADM staff, to contribute to the advancement of control system tools and techniques for current and future processes.
External Job Description - Continued
• Engineering/Technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering with applicable programming experience is required.
• The candidate must be capable of working in extreme temperatures. Must have the ability to climb stairs, lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds, and sit and stand for long periods of time. Should be able to work in confined spaces and heights.
• Programming and application experience with a DCS (Distributed Control System) in a manufacturing environment, e.g. Novatech D3, Emerson Delta V, Honeywell and General Electric.
• Knowledge of PLC systems, including hardware and software.
• Available for on-call rotation for off-hours, holiday and weekend coverage.
• Perform duty in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety PPE and successfully completes all safety certifications requirements.
• Ideal candidate should have 5+ years’ experience with Novatech DCS (Distributed Control System) Continuous control Sequence and Batch (SABL) programming, and Totalvision graphics development.
• 5+ years’ experience with PLC (Programmable Logic Control), specifically with Allen Bradley family PLCs, RsLogix 5/500/5000.
• They should possess a strong understanding of process control networks including I/O experience. Layout, implementation and troubleshooting I/O including Novatech 8000 and 16000 series I/O, Quantum S908, Modbus TCP, Allen Bradley Data Highway plus I/O and Ethernet class 3 communications protocol.
• Considerable knowledge of programming tools, languages, and techniques is required. Working knowledge of one or more Object-Oriented programming languages such as C++,Visual Basic, or Java is a plus.
• Knowledge of fiber optic installation and connectivity, understanding of analog (4-20mA) and digital signals related to process controls and demonstrated experience in developing software applications from user requirements.
• Excellent PC operating system skills (win xp/7, win 2003/2008 sever) and office applications
• Familiarity with CAD tools e.g. AutoCAD, Microstation
• Knowledge of instrumentation, electrical and process controls e.g. distillation, fermentation & BMS
• Capable of safely working with and around voltages of up to 120VAC
• Solid understanding of computer networking and servers both in a workgroup and domain environment.
• Ability to understand and create control schematic diagrams and flowcharts including PFDs and P&IDs.
• The Engineer will need a demonstrated ability to complete a project from start to finish and must be able to communicate and work effectively with other staff to determine project requirements and appropriate implementation.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Illinois Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Part Time Teller (Marion)
Regions Financial - Marion, IL
HR Center Data Senior Analyst
Newell Rubbermaid - FREEPORT, IL
Job for SLP in Snohomish, IL
Soliant Health - Snohomish, IL
Locate this job: