Instrument Technician I Job Listing at ADM in USA (Job ID adm-716376)
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Agriculture
Instrument Technician I
External Job Description
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visitwww.adm.com.
Electrical/Instrumentation Technician – Decatur, IL
This is a full time, hourly position
The Electrical/Instrumentation (E/I) Technician will be part of the BioProducts Maintenance Team. The E/I technician will utilize developed skills to implement the assigned activities of the predictive, preventative, or planned maintenance programs designed to support the power, motor control, process control systems, or pneumatic systems of the plant. This employee is required to trouble-shoot, diagnose, propose, and implement equipment repair activities that may or may not be included in the planned work. The E/I Technician is expected to communicate job status through the use of a maintenance management software system, through verbal communications, or through other written communications. The employee is expected to follow all plant safety and operating guidelines as well as all standards of electrical safety and maintenance practices.
· Good communication skills, conveying information both professionally and concisely
· Actively champion and promote all safety related policies and programs to ensure colleague engagement and commitment to the benefits of working safe.
· Perform as a team member while supporting the planned, preventative, and/or predictive maintenance activities that support the electrical and process control systems of the plant
· Perform as a team member or independently to trouble-shoot, diagnose, and propose and implement electrical power and control equipment as well as process control component repair solutions
· Comprehend and implement standard electrical work practices and guidelines to include those outlined by such organizations as the National Fire Protection Agency (NEC) and the IEEE to insure a quality as well as a compliant product
· Utilize the functions of the maintenance management system to facilitate job plans and record maintenance activities on plant assets
· Communicate job status and support requirements with co-workers and management for effective use of time while completing the assigned maintenance tasks
· College level classes
· Basic knowledge of AC/DC circuit theory
· Basic knowledge of process sensors/transmitters
· Basic knowledge of electrical safety devices (breakers, fuses, etc.)
· Moves/transports fifty five pounds
· Able to access all areas in the plant
· Sit or stand for long periods of time and bending, kneeling
· Work in confined spaces and work with heights
· Able to be respirator qualified
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, pre-employment physical and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiter – Tracy Mosser
Hiring Manager – Bill Dively
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in USA