Maintenance Mechanic Job Listing at ADM in United States of America
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Agriculture
External Job Description
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visitwww.adm.com.
Maintenance Mechanic – Decatur, IL
This is a full time, hourly position
The employee supporting the mechanic position will utilize developed skills to implement the assigned activities of the predictive, preventative, or planned maintenance programs designed to support the process and utility equipment of the plant. The mechanic will be expected to trouble-shoot, repair, and/or maintain rotating equipment components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and process vessels. This employee is required to trouble-shoot, diagnose, propose, and implement equipment repair activities that may or may not be included in the planned work. The mechanic is expected to communicate job status through the use of a maintenance management software system, through verbal communications, or through other written communications. The employee is expected to follow all plant safety and operating guidelines as well as all standards of mechanical maintenance practices. The successful employee in the mechanic position will demonstrate the following traits and/or competencies: a strong work ethic, concern for quality and a high attention to detail, mechanical aptitude, written and verbal communication skills, supportive team member, and a positive attitude.
· Good communication skills, conveying information both professionally and concisely
· Actively champion and promote all safety related policies and programs to ensure colleague engagement and commitment to the benefits of working safe.
· Adhere to all plant safety and operating guidelines.
· Perform as a team member while supporting the planned, preventative, and/or predictive maintenance activities that support the mechanical components of the plant process and utility equipment
· Perform as a team member or independently to trouble-shoot, diagnose, and propose and implement repair solutions for the plant process and utility equipment
· Comprehend and implement standard mechanical repair and installation work practices and guidelines
· Utilize the functions of the maintenance management system to facilitate job plans and record maintenance activities on plant assets
· Communicate job status and support requirements with co-workers and management for effective use of time while completing the assigned maintenance tasks
· High School Graduate
· College, technical school, and/or military training in industrial maintenance and technologies or equivalent experience in the mechanical trades equivalent to a two year technical degree
· Basic computer skills (internet, e-mail, Excel, Word, etc.)
· Basic knowledge of rotating equipment components, shafts and shaft alignment
· Basic knowledge of hydraulic or pneumatic components/systems
· Basic knowledge of metal cutting, grinding, welding
· Basic knowledge of safe rigging practices
· Basic knowledge of test, measurement, and hand tools utilized in the mechanical repair and maintenance fields
· Moves/transports fifty five pounds
· Able to access all areas in the plant
· Sit or stand for long periods of time and bending, kneeling
· Work in confined spaces and work with heights
· Able to be respirator qualified
External Job Description - Continued
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, pre-employment physical, and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Facilities Management jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Belcan - United States of America
Maintenance Representative - Holiday Inn Express Fort Hood
IHG - Fort Hood
ADM - United States of America
Locate this job: