Mill Superintendent - St. Louis, MO Job Listing at ADM in St. Louis, MO (Job ID adm-828416)
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Agriculture
Mill Superintendent - St. Louis, MO
Shift First Shift
External Job Description
Every day, the 30,000 people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) turn crops into renewable products that meet the demands of a growing world. At more than 265 processing plants, we convert corn, oilseeds, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. We operate the world’s premier crop origination and transportation network, connecting crops and markets in more than 75 countries. Our global headquarters is in Decatur, Illinois, and our net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2011, were $81 billion. For more information about our company and our products, visitwww.adm.com.
External Job Description - Continued
Mill Superintendent – Saint Louis, MO
ADM Milling Division
This is an Exempt level position
The ADM Milling CO Saint Louis, MO. Flour Mill is seeking a Mill Superintendent to manage Flour Mill operations. The plant produces hard and soft wheat flours. Operational responsibilities will include administration and management of 3 salaried millers and approximately 10-15 hourly employees in a union environment.
This position has overall responsibility for the Flour Mill. The Superintendent must investigate the means by which milling procedures can be improved, and initiates improvements in the efficiency of the department operations. As a member of management, you are expected to set a model safety example by following and enforcing all safety practices. This includes looking for, reporting, and correcting safety hazards and poor practices during daily rounds of the plant. Ensures that the quality level of company products is maintained at an appropriate and acceptable level according to all QC and HACCP and sanitation guidelines. Researches & makes recommendations regarding process improvements or modification that might improve design, quality, reliability, safety, and reduce manufacturing costs.
The Superintendent must be able to put together projects to improve milling performance, i.e. energy reduction, efficiency, cost reduction, and follow through on completion of the said projects. This position requires a strong sense of ownership, accountability and continuous improvement.
The Mill Superintendent will also provide leadership and mentoring for colleague development. This development may include training, technical support, mentoring and periodic performance feedback. Experience leading teams is required.
The physical requirements of the job requires ability to climb stairs, prolonged periods of standing and sitting, computer work, meeting deadlines, providing calculated information, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, working adjusted hours, and working as instructed. Prompt attendance is a must.
Experience and Skills:
* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
* 5+ years of milling experience.
* Experience in Agricultural Processing is preferred.
* Demonstrated participation and leadership in plant safety programs and process hazard analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage personnel, schedules, and other resources.
* Excellent communication skills – both oral and detailed written are needed to be effective in this position.
* Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills are necessary to effectively interact with multiple employees, management personnel, and other stakeholders. Interpersonal skills employed include handling conflict; motivating, instructing, and training personnel in a fair, honest, and direct way.
* The candidate must be able to utilize independent judgment to solve problems, have excellent organizational skills to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks, and strive for continuous improvement.
* General knowledge of software systems such as Maximo and Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Access, Word, and SharePoint).
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Saint Louis, MO
View similar jobs:
McDonald's - Town & Country, MO
OPTIONAL SHIFT TIMES
McDonald's - Town & Country, MO
McDonald's - Chesterfield, MO
Locate this job: