Plant Engineer - Decatur, IL Job Listing at ADM in Decatur, IL
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Agriculture
Plant Engineer - Decatur, IL
External Job Description
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visitwww.adm.com.
Plant Engineer – Decatur, IL
ADM Oilseed Processing
This is an exempt level position.
Education or Training Required:
·4 year technical degree in a related field
·2 + years experience in engineering/projects.
? Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
? Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
? Excellent organization and documentation skills
? Excellent safety knowledge
? Ability to work well with a variety of people
? Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects
Summary of Position Duties/Responsibilities:
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide guidance, support, for all engineering projects. Supervise all on site contractors performing AFE and project work.
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of all engineering/projects in the Decatur Stratas Foods facility.
2. Responsible for all location employee’s and contractor’s safety.
3. Provides guidance and Supervision to on site contractors, both during AFE work and preventative maintenance.
4. Participate in continuous improvement, efficiency, and cost reduction project development.
5. Evaluate and find resolutions for production issues.
6. Assist in review of complaints received from customers with Quality Manager and determine root cause of process issues.
7. Work closely with manufacturing personnel in continuous improvement efforts.
8. Attend meetings periodically with manufacturing and quality personnel to resolve issues.
9. Take direction from the Engineering Superintendent and assist in monitoring progress of AFEs and evaluation of project financials.
10. Performs reasonably similar duties that may be required for the success of the facility.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Illinois Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
ER49 - Engineering Analyst
Kelly Services - Morton, IL
Electrical Controls Engineer
Kelly Services - Danville, IL
Electronics Engineering Support
Arnold-Hanafin Corporation - Rockford, IL
Locate this job: