Product Specific Engineer - Bioproducts- Decatur, IL Job Listing at ADM in Decatur, IL
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Agriculture
Product Specific Engineer - Bioproducts- Decatur, IL
Shift First Shift
External Job Description
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visitwww.adm.com.
Product Specific Engineer – Decatur, IL
This is a full time, exempt position
BioProducts has an opening for a Product Specific Engineer within the Operations Teams. The Product Specific Engineer (PSE) will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and improving the specific product line that they have been assigned. These responsibilities are met by focusing the appropriate time on the primary drivers of profitability: production, quality, safety, environmental stewardship and cost management.
· Collaboration with Front Line Supervisors to promote, implement and enforce Safety, Environmental, Quality, and HR programs.
· Develop, implement and maintain appropriate metrics to monitor process performance
· Maintain and distribute necessary information and documentation to support month end accounting activities and the monthly product specific meeting
· Actively use the Opportunity Summary tool to document cost saving activities
· Actively use the eMOC tool to document and manage change
· Review and follow up on process indicators. Making these indicators available to all for the creation of a transparent process.
· Involve appropriate personnel to develop and implement structured approaches to support continuous process improvements.
· Ensure process related documentation is properly maintained to satisfy operations and compliance initiatives including appropriate portions of Master Manufacturing Plans, PSM programs, process descriptions, process flow diagrams, HACCP programs, P&IDs and SOPs
· Participate in audits and inspections and manage CAPAs
· Develop project scope, write and execute AFEs for process improvements
· Support the Weekend and Holiday coverage pool as the Shift Superintendent
· Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or equivalent degree with a science background and minimum 5 years of relevant industrial experience.
· Strong verbal and technical writing skills are needed.
· Strong data analysis skills are desired.
· Individual must be able to coordinate multi-talented teams to make a sustainable effort of improving the process.
· Engineer needs to be able to develop and communicate a strong vision of a continuously improved process.
· Industrial plant setting
· Sit and/or stand for extended periods, work in confined spaces, work at heights
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders
· Lift and move minimum of 55 lbs containers
· Computer operations
· Be respirator qualified and pass HAZMAT physical
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation assistance is available with this position
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol scree, pre-employment physical and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiter: Tracy Mosser
Hiring Manager: Timothy Aydt
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Illinois Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Engineer - Quincy, IL
ADM - Quincy, IL
Foth - Peoria, IL
Electrical Controls Engineer
Kelly Services - Danville, IL
Locate this job: