Locate this job
I am hiring Electrical Designers that are interested in distribution and design of utility substations and distribution. This is a great opportunity to begin an engineering career in the power and utility industry!
Duties & Responsibilities
Under supervision and direction, the primary tasks of this position are to:
* Learn company/client policies and procedures for the development of site designs for electrical distribution facilities to serve a variety of customers.
* Prepares site drawings and construction sketches for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost-effective manner that maximizes safety and service reliability.
* Prepares project or job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.
* Properly apply company/client reliability principals for each project design ensuring a safe and cost effective design and installation.
* Evaluate loading of various equipment components being installed such as transformation or fusing to ensure a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design.
* Develops relationships with internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of job responsibilities.
* Completes outage follow-up and implements outage prevention measures on distribution facilities in assigned areas.
Aerotek, headquartered in Hanover, Md., is a leading provider of technical, professional and industrial staffing services. Established in 1983, Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, the largest provider of staffing services in the U.S. Aerotek operates a network of more than 200 non-franchised offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. For more information, visit Aerotek.com.
Apply on company website