EHR Certified Coding Spec CMA Coding FT Job Listing at Alegent Health in Omaha, NE (Job ID alegenthealth-46000&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1)
Hospital / Healthcare
Alegent Health employees are responsive, compassionate, and innovative. They prioritize dignity and respect, never settling for average care, insisting on excellence both of themselves and team members. This is our promise to our employees and our community.
Alegent Health values individual contributions, creative ideas, and innovation. Our employees are why we have the highest quality scores in the nation. We are committed to serving our community by providing faith-based health services with five hospitals and more than 40 clinics across the region.
Our commitment to our patients and their families is high, but the return on that commitment is even higher. We are committed to our employees by ensuring we hire individuals who also believe in enriching the lives of those we serve. If this sounds like you - apply today and join the Alegent team! We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EHR Certified Coding Specialist
1. Be able to interpret the open encounter form in order to track missing encounters and/or close the encounter if no charge is to be generated. Must keep this task current in order to keep the lag days at or below the guidelines established by the CBO and finance department.
2. Share in the responsibility for quality assurance through an internal audit process for accuracy and completion of encounter forms compared to patient chart documentation.
3. Act as a staff training resource, verifying staff skill acquisition, proficiency, and competency related to all applicable aspects of the billing process.
4. Perform accurate and timely CPT code selection for services performed in the clinic setting. This will require knowledge of medical terminology in order to determine if the description of the code matches the services provided. If the service or product code is not currently listed in the fee schedule, it will be necessary to be able to make the proper code selection for the current edition of the CPT book and submit the code to the proper personnel for addition to the computer system. This task may involve researching the chart documentation, reading reports, and interpreting the CPT book in order to make the proper selection.
5. Perform accurate and timely ICD-9 code selection that will correspond to the designated CPT codes for the services provided. This will involve knowledge of medical terminology in order to be able to tie the correct diagnosis to the service, procedure or product. If the procedure code is currently not in the computer system, it will be necessary to be able to make the proper code selection from the current edition of the ICD-9 book and submit the code to the proper personnel for addition to the system.
Preferred: Prior experience in medical billing, coding/auditing, and data entry as it relates to charges generated by health care providers in the clinic and hospital setting; knowledge of insurance protocols; knowledge of medical terminology.
Experience with more than one year experience in ambulatory clinic setting with a minimum of one years experience in coding/auditing preferred.
Preferred: High school diploma or GED equivalent with an aptitude in math, office/clerical skill, and computer applications. Training in Anatomy, Physiology and Disease Process. Medical terminology.
Preferred: A minimum of one year in CPT and ICD-9 coding/auditing.
Required: Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
Knowledge of: -phones system
-Customer Service, to include internal and external customers
-computer and computer applications
-organization policies, regulations and procedures
-risk management; quality improvement
-ICD-9, CPT coding
Skills as demonstrated through:
- Continuous accurate verbal and written communication, to include appropriate grammar, correct spelling, legible handwriting, reading comprehension and follow-through on instructions
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- Continuous time, resource and task management
- Access, manipulate and maintain computer data per program specifications
- Correct and accurate basic math applications to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; application of calculator functions
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Omaha, NE
View similar jobs:
Senior Processing Specialist
First Data - Omaha, NE
Oracle Database Administrator / Product Manager
Union Pacific - Omaha, NE
Field Sales Representative
Philips North America - Omaha, NE
Locate this job: