RN CUMC-Nursing Syst FT Job Listing at Alegent Health in Omaha, NE (Job ID alegenthealth-46043&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1)
Hospital / Healthcare
Alegent Creighton Health is the largest not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare provider in Nebraska and southwest Iowa with 11 acute care hospitals, a specialty spine hospital, freestanding inpatient psychiatric and skilled nursing facilities and more than 100 Alegent Creighton Clinic locations. As the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools, Alegent Creighton Health and Alegent Creighton Clinic are committed to teaching the health professionals of the future.
Our commitment to our patients and their families is high, but the return on that commitment is even higher. We are committed to our employees by ensuring we hire individuals who also believe in enriching the lives of those we serve. If this sounds like you - apply today and join the Alegent Creighton Health team! We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Scheduled Float Pool for Inpatient Nursing
The scheduled float pool for inpatient nursing is a .6 FTE or greater position. You will work 12-hour days or 12-hour nights, every other weekend and 50% of the holidays.
Premium Pay for Scheduled Float Pool is10% differential for Days and 15% differential for Nights
Benefit eligible position
**New Graduates Encouraged to Apply**
**Float primarily to ICU and CCU**
1. Assesses patient status with patient/family input and identifies age-appropriate patient care needs/problems that includes bio-physical, psycho-social, spiritual, environment, self-care, and educational needs and will serve to focus the provision of nursing care at admission, transfer, and discharge.
2. Plans individualized age appropriate evidence-based patient care through a interdisciplinary team approach and through interdisciplinary patient care conference, ongoing patient assessments, re-evaluation of patient problems or needs.
3. Utilizes professional skills and judgement in prescribing, delegating and coordinating the plan of care; includes appropriate resources to manage patient care path/CareMaps/variances. Administers medications and treatments according to nursing policy.
4. Guides and directs professional and nonprofessional personnel in the delivery of patient care, evaluates patient care effectiveness, modifies the plan of care according to age appropriate patient nursing policy. Utilizes care paths/CareMaps to develop and modify the patient's plan of care. Monitors variances and takes action on these variances.
5. Provides the following nursing services: a. Independent; b. Inter-dependent; c. Delegated.
One-year experience in an area of specialty preferred.
Completion of a Registered Nurse program in an accredited institution
Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska or the State of Iowa; Nebraska and Iowa are compact states so you must be licensed in the state of residence.
Additional requirements include:
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say ¿Professional Level-with AED¿, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
ACLS or ACLS instructor certification is required within 6 months. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Safety and Health Institute: ACLS, American College of Surgeons: ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) and American College of Emergency Physician: ACLS
Job requires continuous use of reading skills and verbal communication skills. Job requires frequent use of written communications skills. Job requires delegation, conflict resolution, individual and group interactions, time management, critical thinking and stress management. Incumbents must possess knowledge of how to provide care to a diverse population of patients and the ability to communicate and work with people from a variety of age-groups, social strata and ethnic backgrounds.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Omaha, NE
View similar jobs:
RN / REGISTERED NURSE / ER RN / EMERGENCY ROOM NURSE
Aureus Medical Group - Omaha, NE
RN / REGISTERED NURSE / LTC RN / LONG TERM CARE NURSE
Aureus Medical Group - Fremont, NE
RN / REGISTERED NURSE / PACU RN / RECOVERY ROOM NURSE
Aureus Medical Group - Omaha, NE
Locate this job: