Apply on Company Website
The Allstate Corporation is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known by its "You're In Good Hands With Allstate" slogan, Allstate provides insurance products to more than 14 million households Allstates Cost Management Department has an opening for a Level II Accountant.The purpose of the Cost Management department is expense reporting and analysis including agent commissions and employee benefits. The team is responsible for month-end expense processing and analysis. The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Monthly close and related analysis.
- Recording monthly expense accruals, preparing quarterly schedules, and preparing annual footnote disclosures related to deferred acquisition costs.
- Preparing quarterly/annual GAAP and Statutory exhibits for reporting.
- Preparing analytical expense schedules, analyzing variances, and providing analytical support based on internal customer requests.
- Preparing various account reconciliations.
- Identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Participating in process improvement projects.
The skills required are:
- Intermediate - Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
- Intermediate - Ability to multi-task and work with multiple customers and suppliers while consistently meeting required reporting deadlines.
- Intermediate - Knowledge of financial statement reporting and related analysis.
- Intermediate - The ability to assemble and communicate findings to areas requesting analytical information.
- Intermediate - Good organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules prepared.
Allstate will not sponsor individuals for employment based visa's for this position. About Careers at Allstate
- College graduate with an accounting degree.
- 2-4 years of prior accounting and/or financial reporting experiences.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Solid PC skills in Microsoft, Word and Office.
- Knowledge of SAP accounting system a plus.
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands. Rooted in empowerment and accountability, Allstate employees are challenged to maximize their own focus, resourcefulness and diversity. Our fast-paced work environment embraces innovative thinking, continuous learning and collaboration. We are a high-performance organization that believes in celebrating our employees' efforts with a pay-for-performance approach, a competitive compensation package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. Hear what current employees have to say about working at Allstate: http://www.allstate.com/Allstate/content/refresh-videos/HR/Allstate_General_Hiring.wmv/t_blank. Benefits/Perks
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages (corporate offices)
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site daycare (corporate headquarters)
- Adoption assistance program
- On-site services: oil changes, dry cleaning, nail/hair salon, convenience store, doctor, pharmacy (corporate headquarters)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)