Apply on Company Website
The Application Architect serves as the expert in application architecture, undertaking complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. The application architect makes decisions on complex or ambiguous application architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency.
- Apply reference architectures and positions toward the application and system design, deployment and support of highly complex systems that deliver business functionality.
- Utilize or develop reusable application patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
- Consult on the application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of the business model.
- Recommend when tactical solutions should be replaced or incorporated into sunset and refresh strategies for assigned application(s), project(s) or discipline.
- Lead analysis of complex system issues
- Make recommendations for major/significant changes to the architecture.
- Define and confirm the architectural portion of RFP and analyze responses.
- Provide technical and professional leadership and coach more junior level Architects.
- 10+ years of hands one design, lead develop and implement enterprise level system experience
- 5+ years experience in SDLC (requirements, design, build, test, deploy) or similar
- 3+ years deep conceptual and implementation knowledge of master data management and or related field
- 2+ years of hands on experience with any of major MDM technologies (for example IBM Initiate, IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management)
- 3+ years of experience and good understanding of database concepts and Oracle RDBMS
- Customer data/information management Experience is plus
- ETL work experience is plus
- Experience in JAVA programming
- Strong communications skills (technical and non-technical)