Apply on Company Website
This is an opportunity for a creative data scientist to use your machine learning, statistics, data mining, and analytic skills to influence the decision making of a Fortune 100 company. The Rating Plan Development team (RPD) is responsible for identifying and developing pricing opportunities that will enable Allstate to generate profitable market-share growth. RPD currently has multiple openings, from entry-level to experienced predictive modelers, and candidates will be considered for the position that best matches their skills and experience. The position will be responsible for
- Building best-in-class predictive models taking into account business constraints.
- Contributing to projects that yield actionable insights the business can use toincreasecustomer satisfaction, policy growth, retention, and loss experience
- 0 - 2years of experience in statistical research or analytical work; experience related to the insurance industry preferred.
- Solid skills and training in machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining or related field.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in at least one programming language
- Experience using at least one machine learning algorithm (for example: Generalized Linear Models, Boosting, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, SVM, Bayesian Methods, Ensemble techniques, etc.)
- Strong communication, time-management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to concentrate on loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches.
- Understanding of algorithmic complexity and scaling of run time and memory usage with larger datasets
- Solid knowledge of linear algebra and convex optimization techniques.
- Experience tackling large data sets or familiarity with tools such as Hadoop or MapReduce.
- Graduate degree strongly preferred; degree inMachine Learning, Statistics/Applied Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers and our employees in Good Hands.
Connect with us onTwitter,Facebook,PinterestandLinkedInto find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees inour short video:Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands. Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance