Apply on Company Website
Description We have an exciting career opportunity in Sourcing Procurement Solutions (SPS). We are undergoing a transformation, focused on enhancing our internal sourcing and procurement solutions through consultative relationships with our customers. We are committed to our goal of delivering a best-in-class strategic sourcing and procurement value proposition across the enterprise. You will be part of a dynamic and evolving team that influences the Company’s bottom line. Apply your expertise to a Fortune Company that values its most important resource—our employees! As part of the Professional Services team, you will strategically source and manage a combination of assignments and commodities/categories of moderate complexity and risk, in support of SPS objectives. You will focus primarily on Management Consulting, IT Consulting and Information Technology Offshore (ITO) categories and independently recommend and develop policies, procedures and reports to govern internal usage of medium complex spend categories. Your role would include:
- Proactively assess sourcing and category opportunities by gathering spend information, company purchasing patterns, competitive position, structured analysis of supplier/category industry, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts to make recommendations.
- Establish sourcing strategies which include evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
- Effectively drive execution of the sourcing strategy for key projects which includes ability to create and utilize the most appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, identify supply alternatives (inclusive of diverse suppliers), effectively communicate with suppliers, and influence cross functional teams / advisory groups.
- Develop supplier selection criteria and gain client alignment, facilitate cross functional teams to evaluate supplier responses to select finalists (participate if appropriate) and effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to involved clients, management, impacted employees and suppliers, as appropriate.
- Negotiate contract terms and perform all aspects of the contract process
- Perform all aspects of the Supplier Performance Management (SPM) process for assigned commodities including contract inventory, segmentation, risk assessments, contingency planning and validation of right pricing.
- Document supplier performance measurements that ensure achievement of client goals.
- Conduct business reviews with suppliers and internal clients to measure supplier performance, contract adherence and participate in issue resolution.
Qualifications Successful candidates will possess the following skills, experience and attributes
- Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, or related field; MBA a plus. CPM or CPM candidacy preferred.
- Approximately 4+ years of business experience, including sourcing and procurement or equivalent experience that includes knowledge of procurement techniques, exposure to Request For Proposal (RFP) development, execution and negotiations in categories
- Sourcing for medium complexity services/commodities such as Management Consulting, IT Consulting, ITO a huge plus
- Consultative approach; problem solver with the ability to offer effective business decision as well as influence others, both customers and suppliers at all levels
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build effective partnerships and interact with both internal and external customers, as well as across functional areas and organizational levels
- Strong interpersonal, business writing and verbal communication skills as well as sound presentation and facilitation
- Proven project and resource management skills including the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, formulate strategies and approaches to achieve deliverables within timelines
- Proficient with MS
About Careers at Allstate Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in empowerment and accountability, Allstate employees are challenged to maximize their own focus, resourcefulness and diversity. Our fast-paced work environment embraces innovative thinking, continuous learning and collaboration. We are a high-performance organization that believes in celebrating our employees’ efforts with a pay-for-performance approach, a competitive compensation and benefit package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth.