Apply on Company Website
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent is that you? The Role:
The purpose of this team is to design, engineer and deliver services that leverage an orchestration engine to provide business logic, rules, and automations tied together into workflows that manage infrastructure technology components. The orchestration engine provides a common set of functions for viewing, creating, updating, and deleting configurations across different technology components including servers, storage, network, middleware and applications. This mission of this team is to provide a centralized platform that will facilitate IT process automation through the development of integrations, automations and workflow services delivering operational benefits to the IT organization. You should be enthusiastic and self-motivated about automation of systems administration making day-to-day tasks more efficient and scalable.
By its nature, effective orchestration requires knowledge and context of complex technologies and their corresponding processes. The evolution of the platform is currently focused on building foundational capabilities that will effectively support end to end IT process automation in support of our journey to build out our private cloud environment. This includes building a scalable, extensible and agile platform with specific emphasis around automation of routine administration and management tasks.
The scope of this job is an experienced Delivery Engineer: capture technical design specifications, testing and user acceptance criteria required to engineer, build, test and update workflow services leveraging existing integrations and automation capabilities; This position plays an active role in managing the services delivery lifecycle.
Each member of the team must have business analyst and process engineering skills to successfully perform this job.
- Fundamental understanding of programming languages and development life-cycle methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate working sessions across a large number of users and teams to capture requirements for IT process automation using one or more techniques
- Demonstrated ability to reengineer processes for simplification and efficiency based on automation capabilities and process key performance indicators
- Ability to identify opportunities for automating and orchestrating the manual / time consuming redundant processes with the view to scale it for the enterprise needs
Each member must have knowledge and/or direct experience of the following infrastructure technologies sufficient to allow them to lead efforts that will replace cumbersome manual processes associated with provisioning, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining these technologies.
- Linux - Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Unix - Solaris 9 and 10, Solaris Cluster, Solaris Containers/Zones
- Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP technologies)
- Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Clusters
- Java / JVM technologies, Microsoft .NET Framework
- Oracle DBMS and Microsoft SQL Server
- VMware vSphere and vCenter 4.1 and higher
- Storage Technologies (SAN, NAS, Replication and Backup)
- Networking Technologies Layer 2/Layer 3 switching and routing, F5, GSLB, Load Balancers
Each member must have a solid understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles, practices and processes in providing and managing the delivery of a large scale, Enterprise-wide service. This includes incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, and availability/continuity management. The member must have sufficient knowledge and experience to design and establish these processes and practices within a service organization. As part of their day to day responsibilities, each individual must also possess the following skills:
Benefits and Perks:
- Ability to identify opportunities for automating and orchestrating the manual / time consuming redundant processes with the view to scale it for the enterprise needs.
- Ability to refine the architecture and workflows to tune to scale based on the enterprise needs.
- Ability to lead the implementation of programs, projects or technology implementation, partnering with architecture services and other subject matter experts, engaging other technology teams (infrastructure partners), and working with key stakeholders and users.
- Ability and inclination of working with different users, teams or areas in providing customer service in the delivery of a large scale service.
- Ability to present and advocate enterprise standards, technology standards, environment policies, procedures, strategies and best practices in working with different users, teams and application areas.
- Ability to document and present standards, processes and guides.
- Ability to take part in a team that is responsible for 24X7 Support of the Orchestration platform that is achieved through a tiered structure of support as well as the incorporation of sourcing partners, both onshore and offshore.
Join our award-winning team!
- Pension planplus401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Modern work spaces
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site daycare
- Adoption assistance program
- On-site services: oil changes, dry cleaning, nail/hair salon, convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World's Leading Top 100 Companies Forbes magazine
- Diversity Elite - America's Best 50 Companies for Minorities Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly.com
- 50 Happiest Companies in America- CareerBliss
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads - ConnectEDU
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT Computerworld magazine
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development Training magazine