Apply on Company Website
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent is that you? The Role:
The purpose of this team is to design, engineer and deliver services that leverage an orchestration engine to provide business logic, rules, and automations tied together into workflows that manage infrastructure technology components. The orchestration engine provides a common set of functions for viewing, creating, updating, and deleting configurations across different technology components including servers, storage, network, middleware and applications. This mission of this team is to provide a centralized platform that will facilitate IT process automation through the development of integrations, automations and workflow services delivering operational benefits to the IT organization. You should be enthusiastic and self-motivated about automation of systems administration making day-to-day tasks more efficient and scalable. By its nature, effective orchestration requires knowledge and context of complex technologies and their corresponding processes. The evolution of the platform is currently focused on building foundational capabilities that will effectively support end to end IT process automation in support of our journey to build out our private cloud environment. This includes building a scalable, extensible and agile platform with specific emphasis around automation of routine administration and management tasks.The scope of this job is an experienced Senior Systems Engineer
: Lead, design, engineer, build, test, and update integrations and reusable automations and workflow services; implement and maintain/support distributed intake channels; implement and maintain/support Enterprise orchestration platform; provide consulting services to clients across the Enterprise, with the ability to understand and assimilate complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes. This position plays an active role in providing technical leadership around the platform overall strategic roadmap. Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of highly available Orchestration platform dependent on server, storage, database and network technologies in accordance with Allstate standards inclusive of monitoring and alerting.
- Continue the advancement of the Orchestration platform through ownership of patching and upgrade processes; evaluation, engineering and implementation of new features; and adopting emerging technologies and practices in the industry.
- Partner with the various technology teams to identify and reengineer processes as they onboard to the Orchestration platform.
- Lead the efforts to automate and orchestrate repeatable administration tasks.
- Establish defined invocation channels that enable the order and initiation of Orchestrated services ensuring standardization, traceability and reporting.
- Advocate the concepts and realization of the Orchestration platform within the Allstate environment increasing the readiness and adoption across technologies stacks and teams.
1. Each member of the team must have the experience and significant knowledge working with the industry technology standards and processes, as enumerated below. Their level of knowledge must be sufficient for them to be able to establish and maintain the technology infrastructure and in particular, advocating industry best practices. The member must also have the ability to assimilate industry trends and technology developments, and provide technical leadership within IS in keeping the Allstate Orchestration platform not only current but leading in the industry.
- Fundamental understanding of programming languages and development life-cycle methodologies
- Strong experience developing automated workflows with HP Operations Orchestration (HPOO) or other Automation Tools such as HP Server Automation (HPSA) and/or Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- Demonstrated ability to understand, investigate, and solve complex technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to deploy and provision cloud services across private and public clouds, physical infrastructures, hypervisors and public cloud providers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate working sessions across a large number of users and teams to capture requirements for IT process automation using one or more techniques
- Demonstrated ability to reengineer processes for simplification and efficiency based on automation capabilities and process key performance indicators
- Ability to identify opportunities for automating and orchestrating the manual / time consuming redundant processes with the view to scale it for the enterprise needs
2. Each member must have significant knowledge of the following infrastructure technologies; they must possess direct experience working on these platforms. This experience should be sufficient to allow them to support the Orchestration platform and lead efforts that will replace cumbersome manual processes associated with provisioning, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining these technologies.
- Linux - Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Unix - Solaris 9 and 10, Solaris Cluster, Solaris Containers/Zones
- Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP technologies)
- Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Clusters
- Java / JVM technologies, Microsoft .NET Framework
- Oracle DBMS and Microsoft SQL Server
- VMware vSphere and vCenter 4.1 and higher
- vCloud Automation Center
- Storage Technologies (SAN, NAS, Replication and Backup)
- Networking Technologies Layer 2/Layer 3 switching and routing, F5, GSLB, Load Balance
3. Additionally, each member must have industry experience as specified below that would allow them to suitably manage the delivery lifecycle by providing technical designs, establishing best practices and overseeing development efforts.
- Scripting Power Shell/PowerCLI, Perl, Windows batch scripting, etc.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as .Net, C, C++ or Java
- Proficiency in, at least, one scripting language such as PowerShell, Python, Perl, Bash
- Experience in producing/consuming SOAP and REST based Web services
- Experience in API based configuration techniques or command line management
- Experience creating custom resources to map vCenter Orchestrator object types and define them as items to be provisioned and managed
- Experience in developing custom workflows using vCenter Orchestrator
- Experience creating blueprints and publishing catalog items in vCloud Automation Center
4. Each member must have a solid understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles, practices and processes in providing and managing the delivery of a large scale, Enterprise-wide service. This includes incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, and availability/continuity management. The member must have sufficient knowledge and experience to design and establish these processes and practices within a service organization. 5. As part of their day to day responsibilities, each individual must also possess the following skills:
Careers at Allstate:
- Ability to identify opportunities for automating and orchestrating the manual / time consuming redundant processes with the view to scale it for the enterprise needs.
- Ability to refine the architecture and workflows to tune to scale based on the enterprise needs.
- Ability to lead the implementation of programs, projects or technology implementation, partnering with architecture services and other subject matter experts, engaging other technology teams (infrastructure partners), and working with key stakeholders and users.
- Ability and inclination of working with different users, teams or areas in providing customer service in the delivery of a large scale service.
- Ability to present and advocate enterprise standards, technology standards, environment policies, procedures, strategies and best practices in working with different users, teams and application areas.
- Ability to document and present standards, processes and guides.
- Ability to take part in a team that is responsible for 24X7 Support of the Orchestration platform that is achieved through a tiered structure of support as well as the incorporation of sourcing partners, both onshore and offshore.
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers and our employees in Good Hands.
Connect with us onTwitter,Facebook,PinterestandLinkedInto find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees inWe Are Allstate Benefits and Perks:
Join our award-winning team!
- Pension planplus401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Modern work spaces
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site daycare
- Adoption assistance program
- On-site services: oil changes, dry cleaning, nail/hair salon, convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World's Leading Top 100 Companies Forbes magazine
- Diversity Elite - America's Best 50 Companies for Minorities Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly.com
- 50 Happiest Companies in America- CareerBliss
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads - ConnectEDU
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT Computerworld magazine
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development Training magazine