Apply on Company Website
For over 75 years, Allstate has been helping protect homes, cars and families across the country.
As the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurance company, our success is built on an environment where the talents and contributions of every person are supported, respected and encouraged.
In this role, the Programmer Analyst will support Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) in the maintenance of existing platforms and the implementation of a new vended product/s. The Programmer Analyst provides technical leadership from project inception through rollout, creating high-level technical requirements and designs to develop and support optimal IT solutions by applying knowledge of business processes and systems architecture. The Programmer Analyst works with other teams to create functional designs and ensures business requirements are understood and reflected accurately in more complex solutions. To successfully perform in this role, the ideal candidate will be an experienced programmer and possess working knowledge of .NET, and Oracle and SQL databases.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identify systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for moderate to high complexity projects.
• Work with Business Analysts to write functional designs, and understand business requirements and process flows for moderate to high complexity projects. Understand patterns, methodologies and unified modeling languages.
• Conduct design reviews and monitor application design impacts between concurrent releases.
• Understand the technical details, integration, and functions of one or more applications, hardware, and/or software within a team. Document and share best practices. May be responsible for identifying and designing for non-functional requirements.
• Provide technical input and support architectural assessments and work with Architecture to get directions and methodologies. Advocate and enforce architectural adherence for technologies within the team.
• Validate code to designs and requirements and conduct code walkthroughs, inspections, and reviews.
• Develop and/or confirm detailed estimates for moderate to high complexity projects. Monitor, document and communicate the technical progress of the project.
• Use knowledge of integrated requirements to evaluate proposed software products.
• Facilitate the resolution of complex system deficiencies with the design team and project management. Support the business in researching technical questions.
• Work with other teams in coordinating changes across system. Create Proof of Concepts (POCs).
• Support the planning, conduct, and review of module and integration testing for moderate to high complexity projects. Prepare the staging and development of complex test environments and conditions.
• 6 - 9 years experience in creating functional, non functional, and system solution design artifacts
• Application Systems Design of web based applications using the following technologies: .NET, C#, XML, Oracle, and SQL Server
• Programming experience
• Technology Industry Knowledge
• Leading developers through the Design Build phases of development
• Creation, implementation and support of deployed system solution designs
• Knowledge in project management