Apply on Company Website
The Agency Sales division education team helps Allstate agents and sales staff to find exciting ways to learn and take their businesses to the next level. This team provides coaching and training to all levels of our over 9,000 Allstate Agents, over 1,000 Financial Specialists, our licensed support staff and sales managers for both Property and Casualty and Life and Health business. This is a team that makes a difference at Allstate!
Provide second level end user (Regional Office) support on Local Area Network (LAN), PC hardware and software related issues. Provide complex analysis and resolution skills as required to address technology requirements and mentors Workstation/LAN Support Analysts.
- Processes requests to Add/Change/Delete user profiles
- Maintains accurate inventory of all hardware and software
- Monitors LAN back-up profiles and daily processes
- Deploys and upgrades hardware and software
- Assists in ensuring that enterprise-wide standards are met
- Advanced skills in Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Basic programming skills
- Provides technical support to users (Regional Office)
- Provides technical support and guidance to Field Sales Leadership
- Provides technical support and assistance for agency technology on an as-needed basis
- Assists in the support and maintenance of the local hardware and LAN
- Works with local vendors and service providers
- Performs workstation deployments, hardware and software configuration and Acts as a resource to all departments on technology issues
- Supervises and contributes to workstation deployments, hardware and software configuration and installation
- Liaison with Home Office, data centers and support centers on regional technology issues
- Advance technical and analytical skills and basic knowledge of current technology where consistent with industry standards
- Expense management
- Tracks and approves invoices for installations and services
- Tracks and maintains accurate hardware and software inventories
- Manages personal business expenses and team expenses as required.
- Ability to design and generate reports and to monitor projects
- Demonstrates leadership
- Mentors and coaches Workstation/LAN Support Analyst
- Takes a leadership role in technology deployments and changes
- Represent Allstate to vendors and other enterprises
- Provides communication and direction to stakeholders regarding Allstate technology
- Liaison with Home Office, Data Center and support centers to implement new projects and technologies
- Provides formal and on-the-job training to other team members
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for stakeholders and team members
- Develops and implements database design where appropriate utilizing approved enterprise processes
- Focuses on development
- Keeps abreast of new technology products, services, and software
- Informed of technological developments available at Allstate
- Recommends appropriate applications of technology to provide benefit to the region
- Fundamental knowledge of business area's processes and best practices in connection with team objectives.
- Analytical/Technical Skills: Application of standardized mathematical and analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate and analyze data.
- Ability to leverage technical skills in the achievement of team objectives.
- Communication Skills: Moderate communications skills required to draft reports, memos, and business letters; and give instructions to others.
- Job complexity: Concentrates on a variety of clearly defined processes requiring an established approach for resolution.
- Decision-Making: Makes decisions, solves problems and meets challenges in completing work. Supports the implementation of strategic team objectives.
- Contacts: Contacts include occasional interactions with senior local management.
- Explains and discusses detailed information to gain and secure understanding.
- Scope and Impact: Achievement of results has limited influence on important objectives of the unit.
- Management Guidance Received: Work assignments and projects are assigned, and management periodically tracks progress made towards goals. Management remains available for consultation on a frequent basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship building and management
- Strong decision-making
- Effective at multi-tasking on a variety of assignments
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers and our employees in Good Hands.
Connect with us onTwitter,Facebook,PinterestandLinkedInto find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees inour short video:Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands. Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources
- Adoption assistance program
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Join our award-winning team! Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World's Leading Top 100 Companies Forbes magazine
- Diversity Elite - America's Best 50 Companies for Minorities Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly.com
- 50 Happiest Companies in America- CareerBliss
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads - ConnectEDU
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT Computerworld magazine
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development Training magazine