Locate this job
The Digital Analyst is part of the Analytics Insight team supporting a myriad of marketing programs including, but not limited to, Allstate.com, Sales Service, Social Media, Mobile, Online Advertising, Search Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Integrated Marketing Communication programs. The digital analytics team’s underlying goal is to make programs more efficient and effective through data-driven insights. The current team is leading the way by using advanced segmentation and integration of online and offline data to enhance and deepen Allstate’s digital analytics capability. Ideal candidates will have strong analytical skills and a passion for digital analytics. This position is responsible for using marketing and digital analytics to:
- Design, implement, and maintain measurements and reports that will improve Allstate’s understanding of the contribution of our marketing programs and consumer behavior.
- Provide actionable data and insights that enable Allstate to make better decisions that drive desired consumer behaviors, improve the online digital experience, and optimize spend.
- Support digital analytics governance efforts across the organization.
- Assist with the implementation and use of digital analytics and online marketing tools in developing actionable insights.
- Provide measurement and reporting capabilities and drive insights for online marketing efforts, focusing on segmentation to look at different behaviors of site visitors. Example segments: marketing channel, customer, prospect, etc.
- Maintain and enhance a robust web analytics capability to support the Marketing teams:
- assist with gathering measurement requirements
- work with technology and/or 3rd party vendor to come up with optimal implementation
- UAT test to ensure measurement requirements are met
- coordinate any existing report enhancements or new scheduled reports with technology
- create dashboards if needed
- assist business users with interpreting results and pulling reports.
- Define and maintain site/campaign marketing metrics in order to analyze and report holistically or as granularly as needed.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise working with multiple data sources/reports (site metrics, campaign/channel reports, traffic and conversion reports) to analyze performance of campaigns and marketing efforts and make recommendations for improvements.
- Create, review, and submit monthly and quarterly summaries of traffic and marketing channel performance. Include metric definitions, additional insights recommendations, and suggestions for further analysis if needed.
- Review weekly reports to look for data anomalies and perform further analysis if needed.
- Support all facets of the decision-making platform (click-stream, search analysis, MVT analysis, etc.) and work with web technology teams to identify gaps in data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements.
- BA or BS (quantitative coursework like mathematics, statistics a plus, but not necessarily required)
- At least one year of digital analytics experience, including but not limited to experience implementing and using Omniture Site Catalyst/Adobe Reports Analytics or similar tools such as WebTrends, Coremetrics, Google Analytics, etc.
- Advanced communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- Advanced ability to multi-task and exhibit effective time management and organization skills
- Advanced ability for problem solving and recommending actions
- Advanced ability to synthesize information and make informed decisions
- Advanced with Excel; proficient with other MS Office products
- Understanding of SEM/PPC, SEO and Online Campaigns
- Experience in measuring social media and mobile efforts a plus
- Business analysis experience in large companies with multiple functions/divisions helpful
- This position will be located in Northbrook, IL
- This position is a full time position
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company.
We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate.
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Modern work spaces
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- Adoption assistance program
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World’s Leading Top 100 Companies – Forbes magazine
- 50 Happiest Companies in America – CareerBliss
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development – Training magazine
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers – Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work – Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work – DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT – Computerworld magazine
- Diversity Elite - America’s Best 50 Companies for Minorities – Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Apply on company website