Business Unit Manager Logistics (m/f) - German speaking Job Listing at Amazon in Germany
Business Unit Manager Logistics (m/f) - German speaking
Job ID 180043
Posted Date 7/4/2012
Position Category Operations - Distribution Centre
Apply for This Position
* Apply for this position online
* E-mail this position to a friend
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It''s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That''s the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Here at Amazon we are currently looking to hireBusiness Unit Managers Logistics (m/f)to join the team and play a critical role in one of our German Distribution Centers.
We are recruiting for the following locationsin Germany: Bad Hersfeld (Hesse), Graben (Bavaria), Koblenz (Rhineland-Palatinate), Leipzig (Saxony), Rheinberg and Werne (North Rhine-Westphalia), Pforzheim (Baden-Württemberg).
As a Business Unit Manager Logistics (m/f) you will be responsible for one of our main departments in the distribution center - receive, stow, pick or pack. You and your team ensure that the workflow runs smoothly so that all customer wishes are met. Simultaneously you concentrate on the realization of our most important goals: safety, quality, productivity, inventory accuracy and the constant improvement of our processes. You will be required to lead, train and motivate the logistics team of 80 to 120 employees in your business unit whilst working to a number of KPIs and targets, always actively looking at ways in which to improve the warehouse operation. Although this is a supervisory position, it is still very much a hands-on role and you will be expected to be involved in the day-to-day operation of the distribution center.
* You lead and manage a large team of associates in a specified department within a very fast-paced and demanding environment.
* You are continuously proactive and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
* You maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
* You are a Subject Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the FC, ensuring in line with Standard Work that best practice is shared with other distribution centers within the network.
* You participate in continuous improvement activities using methodologies such as Kaizen and 5s.
* You establish collaborative relationships with individuals from other functions.
* You lead cross-functional teams tasked with solving operational problems.
* You have a degree in logistics, business administration or in another field.
* You are fluent in German and English. Both verbally and written communication, including report writing skills.
* You are a strong teamplayer.
* You demonstrate problem solving and analytical capabilities and are able to drive and conduct Dive Deep analysis on complex processes.
* You have the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
* You are decisive, able to quickly decide in a fast paced environment.
* You are a great motivator.
* You are able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
* Previous work experience in a distribution center or warehouse is nice to have.
What we offer:
* A dynamic and international company with excellent development opportunities.
* A very attractive compensation package including relocation support.
* A very motivated team.
* A multicultural environment.
* Flat hierarchies and an open company culture.
Sounds interesting?We are looking forward to receiving your online application! When clicking on apply online" you will be able to upload your application in one document (max. 5MB). Also, please inform us separately about your salary expectations and availability exclusively in your user profile.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies'' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Germany
View similar jobs:
Worldwide Securities Services - IFC Department Manager - based in Frankfurt, Germany
J.P. Morgan - Germany
Solution Consultant Banking (w/m)
SAP - Germany
Solution Senior Consultant Banking (w/m)
SAP - Germany
Locate this job: