Fashion Stylist, Apparel Studio Job Listing at Amazon in Brooklyn, NY
Fashion Stylist, Apparel Studio
Job ID 196866
Posted Date 11/4/2012
Company Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category Studio/Photography
Apply for This Position
* Apply for this position online
* E-mail this position to a friend
Amazon Fashion is seeking creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are heads-down focused on growing and developing a smart assortment of brands and providing easy access to fashion, within the best possible shopping experience for our fashion customers. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about fashion, e-commerce and career growth, an opportunity with Amazon Fashion may be a great match!
Amazon Fashion is searching for a talented, visionary Fashion Stylist who has deep experience styling on-figure apparel in a commercial photography studio environment. The Fashion Stylist will be setting the visual standards for merchandising throughout our apparel operations, implementing continual style improvements and styling/prep efficiencies as part of a global team with multiple studios.
Reporting to the Lead Stylist, key responsibilities include:
* Support the Lead stylist vision assuring that the highest quality images are produced for our on- figure apparel imaging.
* Collaborate with Lead stylist to ensure that all necessary products are in the studio prior to shoot and take note of high priorities and re-shoots.
* Work with lead stylist on training all new incoming free lance stylist, assist in providing an overall understanding of our Style
* Forge on going relationship with buying and operations team
* Act as point person for freelance stylist
* Present shoe/styling trends per season.
* Maintain a substantial styling closet for clothing and shoes.
* Provide feedback for Style guide updates
* Assist with other projects as assigned
* Supervise the stylist assistant tasks
* 5+ years styling experience in commercial photography environment
* Strong online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques for both still-life product photography and on-body photography
* 2-year or 4-year degree in fashion design, marketing, merchandising, or related field
* Working knowledge of Mac OSX and PC computing platforms
* A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail
* A deep and proven experience with on-set standards, traditions, and demands
* Rigorous knowledge of apparel on-body styling techniques across the industry and in various fashion categories, with particular attention to tailoring and fit
* A continual attention to trends, emerging brands, and the apparel market
* Self-driven and able to easily communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a team environment
* Productivity-focused and proven to be a quick problem solver
* Good merchandise coordination and set management skills
* Have proven experience and can excel and thrive in a studio environment that straddles both a high-volume workflow as well as a traditional editorial/lifestyle environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Account Manager 1 BIS OOR New York City
AT&T - New York, NY
AT&T Bilingual Spanish Retail Store Manager NYC (Rockeffeler CTR)
AT&T - New York, NY
CVS Caremark - Brooklyn, NY
Locate this job: