Software Engineer, Emerging Technologies Job Listing at Amazon in Sunnyvale, CA
Software Engineer, Emerging Technologies
Job ID 183824
Posted Date 5/6/2013
Company A2Z Development Center, Inc.
Position Category Software Development
Apply for This Position
* Apply for this position online
* E-mail this position to a friend
Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
* Responsible for system architecture and development for new product initiatives and feature development.
* Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions.
* Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software. Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience.
* 3+ years professional experience in software development building production software systems.
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
* Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, PHP or Python.
* Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment.
* Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development
* Able to work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions.
* Master''s degree in Computer Science.
* Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
* Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
* Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
* Experience in applying open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, MySQL, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate).
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
* Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
PART-TIME TECHNICAL EXECUETIVE ASSISTANT
Kelly Services - Fremont, CA
Strategic Technology Project Manager
Chase - CA, California
Junior Software Engineer
Rootshell - Santa Clara, CA
Locate this job: