Sr. Software Development Engineer - Digital Products Job Listing at Amazon in Boston, MA
Sr. Software Development Engineer - Digital Products
Job ID 193760
Posted Date 4/26/2013
Company Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category Software Development
Apply for This Position
* Apply for this position online
* E-mail this position to a friend
Amazon''s Digital Products team develops innovative new products and services like the Kindle. Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and an exciting and fast-growing business within Amazon. Backing Kindle is a rich ecosystem of digital media and mobile services including Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDb, Appstore for Android, and Audible. Our customers access these services from a range of platforms other than our own including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and laptop/desktop browsers.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will develop key product features within a new strategic initiative at Amazon. You''ll be involved in all phases of the product life cycle: roadmap planning, design, coding, test, deployment, and operational ownership. A successful candidate will have strong customer experience and product judgment, rigorous technical grounding, broad hands-on engineering expertise, ability to quickly pick up new domain-specific knowledge, great communication skills, and passion to build and iterate in a fast-paced agile environment. You will also be able to foster these traits and skills in other engineers.
You will have an opportunity to impact the customer experience, implementation, and robustness of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. As an early member of Amazon''s Cambridge Development Center (opened in 2012), you''ll also help establish the culture of a new and rapidly growing site. As in all of our roles, we''re looking for people who love inventing on behalf of customers, who demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and who want to have fun while they make history.
* Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS, or equivalent experience).
* 10-15+ years software engineering experience.
* Proficiency in at least one modern compiled programming language such as C/C++, C#, or Java.
* Development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android, Apple iOS, WebOS, Windows Phone, or RIM Blackberry.
* Solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
* Ability to tackle big, incompletely-specified problems and resolve ambiguity in the customer''s favor.
* Experience defining system architectures and designs, exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs, and making data-driven decisions.
* Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
* Ability to drive consensus within a team and influence outcomes in significant technical decision-making.
* Experience interviewing and evaluating potential software engineer new hires.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially excellence in technical communications with peers who may be remote.digitalproducts-jobs2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Software Dev Engineer - Kindle Fire Core Experience
Amazon - Boston, MA
IT Documentation Specialist
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Cambridge, MA
Sr Windows 7 Technician
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Natick, MA
Locate this job: