Community Manager Job Listing at American Cancer Society in Cumberland, MD
Job ID #:11913 Location:Maryland - Cumberland
Functional Area:Fundraising Department:Income Development
Position Type:Full-Time Regular Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years Relocation Provided:
Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. They are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
This position will cover Allegany County, Maryland. The person will be doing one Relay For Life, one MSABC event , hosptial relationships and CPS 3.
• This classification requires that a blend of Mission Delivery and Income Development skills sets be applied usually in medium to small market geographical areas.
• Manages and implements various income and mission delivery programs in assigned geography.
• Ensures volunteers and staff are appropriately trained before handling ACS event funds and once trained, are following our Division’s Income/Donation Management procedures at all times.
• Establishes, cultivates and manages key relationships with corporations, community and individuals for successful and ongoing program/event management that furthers the work of the American Cancer Society.
• Recruits, develops, retains and recognizes volunteers in support of income/mission activities.
• Responsible for the development of community leadership groups or project teams to meet and exceed community goals.
• Manages volunteer development in a defined geography as outlined by business plans.
• Actively participates and develops community business plans for mission delivery and income development.
• Integrates volunteers into the planning process.
• Develops and implements action plans.
• Provides solutions and resolution of problems.
• Ensure relationships are established with key community organizations to serve diverse and underserved populations where disparities exist.
• Ensure successful integration of Mission Delivery and Income activities, particularly special events.
• Recruit volunteers and teams to participate at events.
• Actively, accurately, and effectively represent the Society and its mission.
• Responsible for attainment of goals as outlined in the business plans.
• Responsible for adhering to all American Cancer Society policies: financial, income and cancer control.
• Active and contributing member to state and division team.
• Proactively and assertively addresses issues as they arise.
• Makes business based decisions; maintains accurate files, submits timely and accurate reports; meets timelines, follows through; apprises supervisor of status; provides viable & innovative solutions to problems; attends meetings/trainings, adheres to approved policy/procedure, represents the organization in a professional manner; makes effective presentations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and 1 year related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Reliable transportation required
Person will need to be in the field 50-75% of the time
• Lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
• Read, write and basic math skills.
• Basic computer skills and email use.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends and some overnights.
• Ability to work outside.
• Ability to get along with coworkers and others.
• Attends work on a consistent, continual and punctual basis.
• Requires occasionally long or unusual hours.
• Requires travel by air or car.
• Ability to regularly travel within the Division and some travel outside of the Division
? Remains composed under stress; handles self in a professional manner at all times and takes personal responsibility for delivering on personal and organizational commitments.
? Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused manner.
? Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
? Ability to coordinate and implement multiple responsibilities, projects and priorities.
? Acts in the best interest of the organization and enhances the image of the American Cancer Society in the public eye.
? Utilizes available technology to perform position responsibilities.
? Provides effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others.
? Establishes effective working relationships with diverse individuals and communities, as appropriate.
? Manages resources effectively and efficiently.
? Applies and follows American Cancer Society policies and guidelines.
? Provides high quality customer service, both internally and externally.
? Completes work in a timely and efficient manner and ensures work is accurate
• Successful non-profit fundraising experience.
• Successful experience working in the areas of community organization, volunteer management, and/or Income program development.
• Participation in American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Winchester, VA
View similar jobs:
SNF SLP Job in Cumberland, MD ASAP Start
Soliant Health - Cumberland, MD
Mortgage Cons Jr (safe)
Wells Fargo - Hagerstown, MD
Oxi - New Addition, MD
Locate this job: