Income Development Coordinator Pipeline (Northwest Region) Job Listing at American Cancer Society in Perrysburg, OH
Income Development Coordinator Pipeline (Northwest Region)
Job ID #:6862 Location:Ohio - Perrysburg
Functional Area:Fundraising Department:
Position Type:Full-Time Regular Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:Not Indicated Relocation Provided:No
At the American Cancer Society, we’re working to create a world with more birthdays – where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. If you’re passionately committed to creating a world with less cancer and more birthdays, we invite you to join us in our mission of saving lives by helping people get well, helping people stay well, by finding cures and by fighting back.
The East Central Division of the American Cancer Society is currently seeking talented individuals to enter our talent pipeline. Candidates in the pipeline will receive quarterly newsletters, invites to social communities, information on local opportunities and events and be among the first candidates to be informed of American Cancer Society job opportunities.
If you are looking for a career in fundraising and are interested in partnering with volunteers and cultivating volunteer relationships to support our fundraising events and our mission in Ohio you should consider a career as a Income Development Coordinator.
Purpose: To provide strategic direction, planning, monitoring, management and goal achievement for income development activities and portfolio in the region through effective facilitation of staff and volunteers.
Duties and responsibilities essential to the functions of the job include the following and other duties that may be assigned.
1. Plan, implement, and evaluate event-specific fund raising activities within assigned geographic area and assigned leadership role;
2. Achieves pre-negotiated Income Development results;
3. Recruit, orient, train, help develop and coordinate volunteers for specified fund raising activities and other events and activities;
4. Provide staff management and support for associated volunteer committees and groups;
5. Identify and help secure local sponsorships for events;
6. Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of event status, revenue projections ad other information as required;
7. Responsible for major donor identification, prospecting, and cultivation;
8. Support existing American Cancer Society committees/units as assigned;
9. As a project manager, follows best practices as established by program teams, including the maintenance and monitoring of the revenue and expense project for each assigned event;
10. Work cooperatively across organizational disciplines; and
11. Implement new events as appropriate.
Apply online at www.cancer.org
1. Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tack, and diplomacy;
2. Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization;
3. General knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) preferred;
4. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage competing tasks and demands from multiple individuals;
5. Must have a bachelors degree or at least two years proven experience in sales, fundraising, or special event management and implementation;
6. Previous non-profit fundraising experience, preferred;
7. Must have excellent organization skills; and
8. Must have general knowledge and be able to operate office equipment.
1. Successful candidate must complete a background check.
2. Extensive local travel is required with some overnight stay.
3. Extensive evening and/or weekend work.
4. Remote Worker (home office).
• Travel is required. May need to attend a new hire orientation program in Hershey, PA immediately following hire.
Please remember: By applying to this posting, you are submitting your information for future opportunities with the East Central Division of the American Cancer Society.
The American Cancer Society offers you a place where you can use your talent to make a difference in the world by saving lives and fulfilling yours. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, and career potential in a non-smoking environment.
We value diversity and are an EOE.
We would also like to invite you to learn more about our organization and the fundraising events that further our mission in the fight against cancer. Visit our website at www.cancer.org. To learn more about Relay for Life visit www.relayforlife.org.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Toledo, OH
View similar jobs:
SAS BI in Toledo, OH
Spectraforce - Toledo, OH
Kelly Services - Sandusky, OH
Technology Sales Specialist
Office Depot - Toledo, OH
Locate this job: