Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor (Work at Home) Job Listing at American Express in Phoenix, AZ (Job ID 13007146)
Choose a career at American Express and you choose a company with a 150-year history of integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the future of its employees. Known around the world as one of the most successful financial services businesses, a leading consumer brand, a gold standard in customer satisfaction, and one of the best places to work - American Express is interested in getting to know you.
The Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor will plan and book all details of travel for the Personal Assistant Platform customers, inclusive of VIPs and Executives, according to client travel policies, as well as American Express policies and procedures. Will ensure high level customer service through effective use of the Sabre and Apollo GDS and Point of Sale (POS) tools, such as Hotel Guide Direct, RezOnePlus (ROP), and Quick Exchange, while maintaining excellent telephone service techniques and prompt replies to e-mails. Handles domestic and international travel related requests and process air, hotel, car, limo reservations, as well as small groups and meetings. Counsel clients on efficient routes, offer lowest available fares, advise passport and visa requirements and offer useful advice. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: VIP reconfirmations, customer service issue research, debit memo research and special projects as needed.
Requires 2-3+ years of corporate travel counselor experience in an onsite, travel office, or hearth environment; current experience is highly preferred. The ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding customer service focus.
- Strong international and domestic travel counseling skills.
- Current working knowledge of Sabre AND Apollo is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and flexibility.
- Ability to adapt to changes in shift (shift bids) driven by business needs.
- Knowledge of American Express operations (including Point of Sale and back office tools and accounting) is a plus.
- Able to work in a multi-account fast paced environment, and multi-task.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, combined with creative problem solving skills.
- Intermediate MS Word and MS Excel skills desirable.
- Must be a Results Oriented, Self Directed, and Self Starter with an exceptional work ethic.
- Must be flexible, as work shifts will vary based on business need.
- Must be able to provide own office space and furnishings to work at home.
- Dedicated work space must be within own residence and that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP’s are permitted)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View similar jobs:
Mortgage Consultant (safe)
Wells Fargo - Surprise, AZ
Regional Marketing Assistant
Pacific Dental Services - Phoenix, AZ
Orthopedic Tech – Orthopedic Clinic
St Josephs Hospital & Med Center - Phoenix, AZ
Locate this job: