Team Leader Credit Operations Job Listing at American Express in Phoenix, AZ (Job ID amexus-13000859&lang=en)
Financial Services, Leisure
Title: Team Leader Credit Operations
Team Leaders in the Global Credit Administration (GCA) -Credit Operations work to service their people in a dynamic, ever changing environment. This is a critical role, as they are ambassadors of the brand”. They inspire and motivate their team through coaching and development. They are responsible for looking for ways to make their best employee even more effective, to turn around poor performers and enhance the skills of the average performer. They act as change agents and are a critical resource for enabling and motivating their team to deliver extraordinary customer care, while consistently improving team results. They have the opportunity to excite our customers and deliver on the brand promise. Coach and develop a team of 10-20 front line credit/collections specialist calling current or delinquent Small Business and Consumer accounts providing accurate, professional services in a fast-paced environment.
This position manages a team that services and manages past due accounts via inbound/outbound dialer telephone contact. This leader is accountable to effectively drive results to raise the bar on key metrics. This leader will also be accountable for floor management, ensuring proper production levels, training, and retaining employees. They will regularly communicate the status of the business, progress against goals and ensure that direct reports are well informed about issues that affect them and their customers. The coaching they provide will include call monitoring, real time feedback and resolution of escalated issues. This leader will ensure accuracy and quality of customer service through effective monitor techniques and workflow observance. Provide frequent feedback and direction to staff by assessing overall skills and readiness levels. Drive continuous improvement of the operation and manage change effectively to motivate and retain employees. This leader is accountable for effectively driving the following key metrics while maintaining or rehabilitating customer relationships in our interactions:
* Key departmental metrics as defined by leader
* Quality and compliance
The successful applicant is results oriented, demonstrates enthusiasm, resilience under stress, and a will to win attitude. This individual must be customer oriented and willing to help people. They must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing. Be able to build strong relationships, drive continuous process improvement and handle multiple priorities. They need to be an analytical thinker, problem solver and decision maker. Candidate should show desire to take on additional tasks, and have flexibility in work assignments based on business needs. Effective coaching, training and development of others are required as well as having strong time management, organizational and follow through skills. PC skills required.
* Minimum 3 yrs recent leadership experience managing teams of 10-20 individuals, especially in a call center environment. Collections experience desired, but not required.
* Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively teach strong negotiation and decision making skills ensuring profitability while maximizing recovery of outstanding balances, documents, or resolving escalations.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team effort with solid relationship skills.
* Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
* Effective oral/written communication skills with all levels of management.
* Understanding of applicable laws and regulations and the need to be compliant with internal or external guidelines and rules.
* Display highest level of integrity when dealing with customers/employees and processes.
Must be flexible to work any shift during department’s hours of operation: 5am-9pm (6am-10pm when daylight savings ends) seven days a week.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Finance jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View similar jobs:
Commercial Underwriting Financial Analysts II
American Express - Phoenix, AZ
Documentation Specialist I
Chase - AZ, Arizona
Senior Modeler, VP - Auto Finance /Student Loan - Garden City, NY or Phoenix, AZ
Chase - AZ, Arizona
Locate this job: