Manager - Software Design and Development - Delivery Manager Job Listing at American International Group in Houston, TX (Job ID aig-190382)
Aerospace / Defense, Financial Services
Manager - Software Design & Development - Delivery Manager
Job ID #: 75449 Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: TX-Houston Education Preferred: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Business Unit: Corporate Relocation Provided: No
Functional Area: Information Technology Travel Percentage:
The primary responsibility is to manage delivery in a workstream within the OneClaim Transformation in the Americas. OneClaim is part of the Global Claims Initiative (GCI) program designed to transform and optimize Chartis claims operations around the world. This position will report to a workstream Senior Delivery Manager in Houston or Jersey City.
- Develop and manage centralized plan for deliveries in the workstream. Communicate with peer project managers and workstream leaders and to provide central management of all deliverables from development partners, external partners, QC, UAT, and end to end testing.
- Manage critical areas of change in the workstream including interfacing with existing claim data stores and downstream systems such as general ledger, reinsurance, actuarial and reporting systems.
- Manage legacy functionality that must be integrated or replaced as part of the country specific functionality.
- Identify and actively manage risks. Track workstream earned value.
- Lead and focus design and delivery partners on solution delivery.
- Provide leadership thought leadership and creative solutions to technical and schedule issues.
- Work with legacy system leaders on integration and replacement of country specific functionality.
- Acquire In depth knowledge of OneClaim functionally and technically.
- Strong technical skills in Java, JEE, Web Services, XML, SOA, BPM development and ability to learn new BPM design patterns.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international multi-cultural environments.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals.
- Good communication (verbal and written), teamwork/teambuilding, and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills.
Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com.
At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
TECHNICAL HARDWARE ANALYST II
City of Houston - Houston, TX
TECHNICAL HARDWARE ANALYST III
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Development Earth Scientist - Benguela-Belize-Lobito-Tomboco (BBLT)
Chevron Corporation - Houston, TX
Locate this job: