Principle Investigator - GIS Job Listing at American International Group in Buenos Aires
Aerospace / Defense, Financial Services
Principle Investigator - GIS
Job ID #: 77416 Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Buenos Aires Education Preferred: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Business Unit: Relocation Provided: No
Functional Area: Claims Travel Percentage:
This position is responsible to manage the fraud program for multiple countries as assigned within the region. The position requires the identification and investigation of suspicious insurance claims or suspicious insurance related activities covering all lines of business involving claimants, agents, brokers, attorneys, medical providers, etc.. The position supports the claims and underwriting organizations with an end to end fraud program to assist in making appropriate claims adjudication decisions or pursue appropriate remedies through the civil or criminal justice systems. The position reports to the GIS regional head.
* Gather facts on issues in question through open-ended interviewing and statement taking of witnesses, employers, claimants and other relevant witnesses.
* Obtain and preserve physical and documentary evidence to support the claims adjudication decision.
* Manage the assignment and investigative requirements of third party investigators to support the investigative process if necessary.
* Preparing objective and concise written reports of investigations as necessary.
* Testifying and presenting evidence at administrative and criminal court proceedings as required.
* Establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with insured’s, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, corporate employees, criminal justice agencies, and the general public.
* Identify, create, and complete fraud training and awareness campaigns for various lines of business supported by Chartis.
* Complete targeted claims reviews for all lines of business within Chartis as assigned by the regional head of GIS. This includes analysis, documentation of results and suggestions for improving the detection and handling of suspicious claims.
* Provide intelligence feedback to claims and underwriting regarding loss trends and potential opportunities as identified
* Collect and verify all monthly fraud metrics data for timely submission to the regional head
* Take an active role in the insurance fraud associations to raise awareness of Chartis’ anti-fraud efforts and to keep in tune with the latest trends and changes in the industry
* Take an active role in promoting the anti-fraud program, monitoring office performance and providing solutions for improvement as necessary
Technical Skills & Expertise:
* Strong analytical decision making, problem solving, and communication (oral and written) skills.
* Fluency in spoken and written English, as well as Spanish, or another regional language
* Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize case load with limited supervision.
* Demonstrated abilities in time management and establishing priorities.
* Understanding of insurance terms and policy interpretation.
* Ability to organize data and write investigative reports.
* Advanced knowledge of criminal justice and civil legal systems.
* Ability to alter workflow to create and pursue leads that would support a fraud case.
* Willing and able to travel, to include possible overnight stays for extended periods of time and work irregular days and hours as required.
* A minimum of 7 years insurance fraud investigative experience or ten years of general investigative related experience a must.
* Four year college degree preferred.
* PC skills and experience with various database search capabilities.
* Demonstrated ability to train and improve the performance of others regarding fraud detection and investigation.
Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com.
At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Argentina
View similar jobs:
Financial Systems Analyst
TeleTech - Buenos Aires
QA Testing Senior Analyst
TeleTech - Buenos Aires
Reporting Principal Analyst
TeleTech - Buenos Aires
Locate this job: