Staff Lawyer Job Listing at American International Group in Alabang
Aerospace / Defense, Financial Services
Job ID #: 71125 Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Alabang Education Preferred: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Business Unit: Relocation Provided: No
Functional Area: Call Center Travel Percentage:
• Track and inform attorney colleagues with respect to legislative changes, developments and trends in nations within the Asia Pac region. Assist in providing opinions to Asia Pac Management on laws and regulations impacting local operations within the Asia Pac region. Help determine the legal options and issues that impact operational planning so as to enhance the contribution of each country operation. Assist with country-based attorney colleagues in the provision of training and instructions to Regional Management on critical legal issues and new developments.
• Analyze company Compliance policies against existing country-specific laws and regulations within the Asia Pac region, and apply specific legal citations to the provisions within the policies. Monitor laws and regulations to ensure that the application of the above citations to the policies remain current and accurate. Assist the attorney colleagues in monitoring and implementing appropriate Compliance programs for the Asia Pac region, including corporate governance procedures for legal entities within such region.
• Assist attorney colleagues in handling other selective Asia Pac business law issues and projects, including research of international, tax, and corporate law, and including participation in due diligence research.
• Assist attorney colleagues to liaise with insurance authorities as necessary for the launch of new products.
• Degree in Law with ideally a specialization in Insurance and/or Corporate Law.
• Fluent in English (written, spoken). Fluidity with Asian languages highly desirable.
• Proven ability to conduct internet-based and other legal research.
• Superior communication, written and presentation skills. [Writing samples will be requested from candidates].
• Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
• Possession of technical skills with Microsoft applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Ability to develop relationships with a variety of inside and outside contacts through the Asia Pac region.
• Critical abilities (judgment, creativity, flexibility). Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Multi-tasking abilities essential.
• Possession of strong sense of integrity, work ethic and discretion with confidential information.
Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com.
At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Phillipines
View similar jobs:
IT Knowledge Analyst
TeleTech - Manila
Senior Subledger Specialist
TeleTech - Manila
Specialist, Workforce Management
TeleTech - Lipa
Locate this job: