Job Title: Paramedic Location: Akron, Ohio Company: AMR
Various Shifts Available (4 Open Positions)
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose of this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced, patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assess each call situation to determine the best course of action and appropriate protocol.
· Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR, portable ventilators and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
· Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
· Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
· Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
· Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
· Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given and to show compassion.
· Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management and direct patient care as needed.
· Operate the ambulance in accordance to company driving policies.
· Read maps and support vehicle operator with directions to minimize call response time.
· Keep current on certifications and continuing education.
· Communicate with dispatch to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
· Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response and to maintain the image of AMR.
· Participate in community programs to maintain AMR’s image and establish strong community relations.
· Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
· Follow policies and procedures.
· Negotiate with customers regarding additional service when appropriate (e.g., return transport).
· Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
· Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
· Perform other duties as assigned