Instructional Designer * Job Listing at AMF Bowling Centers, Inc. in Mechanicsville, VA
Instructional Designer *
Type: Full Time
SUMMARY: The Instructional Designer creates and produces company training programs, determines delivery method (e-learning, face to face, etc.), updates existing programs, and directs company strategies for blended learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
* Consult and collaborate with management teams to provide instructional design and delivery strategies for online professional training and competency based course development.
* Design field and corporate-level curriculum aligned with company objectives, values, and strategy.
* Assist in the selection and management of technology and tools to improve the learning infrastructure
* Revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs
* Create media to support learning (e.g., visual aids for face-to-face, various multimedia for e-learning and online)
* Select, develop and maintain testing and evaluation procedures to be used at completion of training.
* Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (ex: adapting materials from face-to-face to e-learning)
* Selects or develops teaching aids such as training manuals, case study materials, multimedia visual aids, computer-based training and tutorials, and reference materials.
* Designs and edits training materials and/or curriculum based on experience and research with subject matter experts.
* Prepares training materials and conducts training for specific projects
* Determine methods to improve training effectiveness.
* Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will manage Training Specialist
* Effective partnering with subject matter experts, and technical experts to design and develop highly engaging learning solutions which incorporate the fundamentals of best practices in adult learning theory, include in the design appropriate uses of various technologies and tools, and are tied to clear learning objectives and competencies
* Demonstrated experience consulting with managers and subject matter experts to determine requirements, collect data, customize design proposals, and implement solutions
* Knowledge of current learning models, research, and theories to address learning problems and solutions
* Possess strong initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
* Create an effective design within the constraints of a project regarding available technology, budget, time and human capital
* Proficient in three areas; instructional design, instructional technology and project management.
* Superior organizational skills with strong follow-through and attention to details.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex instructions to audiences of varying skill levels.
* Knowledge of web development including common tools, technologies and standards to include Adobe Captivate, Articulate Studio or Storyline, Adobe Creative Suites, SharePoint, Blackboard, Flash, HTML, HTML 5, mobile app authoring tools, and/or common learning or content management systems
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:6 years of overall experience and Bachelors degree preferred. Has a minimum of four (4) years experience in face-to-face, online, and blended learning design and development for adults at with variable skill sets. Strong knowledge of PC and network based software (MS Office Suite, JD Edwards or People Soft, etc). Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment where moderate levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location Mechanicsville , VA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 3
Required Education: College/University Degree
Benefits: 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Art/Design jobs in Richmond, VA
View similar jobs:
Graphic Design Intern
Children's Museum of Richmond - Richmond, VA
Graphic Design Intern
Beauty Roxx Richmond - Richmond, VA
Sales Associates, Richmond
Restoration Hardware - Richmond, VA
Locate this job: