Programmer/Analyst Job Listing at AMF Bowling Centers, Inc. in Mechanicsville, VA
Category: Information Technology
Type: Full Time
SUMMARY:The Programmer Analyst will be instrumental in assisting all management levels to make informed business decisions and drive efficiencies, as related to the Point of Sale (POS) platform and associated applications. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly motivated, task oriented, possessing a willingness to learn new systems and applications. The candidate will be able to show strong technical knowledge in data-driven applications, exposure to database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle or similar), and Windows systems administration / configuration. Thorough working knowledge of POS systems within a retail/multi-unit environment is highly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform and manage application installation, configuration, testing, and debugging to support the organization’s Point of Sale and Back Office systems
* Maintain POS information, including pricing, menus, POS navigation, and Reporting
* Learn, support and provide integration with other center applications like payment processing, etc.
* Assist in creating training materials for field and support personnel
* Perform on-site training for field locations
* Create change control procedures and documentation
* Create test plans and carry out all system testing
* Act as the escalation point for help desk cases to ensure timely and accurate closure of issues.
* Document system requirements and specifications
* Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Experience supporting Point of Sale (POS) systems is highly desired – Centaman (preferred), Micros, Intuit, Squirrel or similar.
* Must have 3-5 years of progressive, hands-on systems administration, application configuration or development experience
* Must be able to communicate professionally with colleagues, center staff, General Managers or other business customers for planning and implementing changes to the POS platform.
* Strong written and oral communication skills (business requirements documentation, project plans, etc.) with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
* A problem-solver, willing to collaborate with team members to address business needs
* Ability to work effectively and independently with minimal direction on specific projects and tasks
* Bachelors Degree or appropriate combination of Education/Experience.
* Knowledge of PC hardware and networks (Windows)
* Experience writing SQL queries
* Ability to travel (10%) to regionally and nationally-based operating centers
* Exposure to PCI compliance, controls and standards would be ideal
* Experience in and knowledge of retail industry (operations, management) a strong plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a general office environment where typical levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location Mechanicsville , VA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 3
Required Education: Not Specified
Benefits: 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Richmond, VA
View similar jobs:
Availability Manager - Fortune 20
CTG - Richmond, VA
Mobile App Developer
Robert Half Technology - RICHMOND, VA
Front End Developer
Robert Half Technology - RICHMOND, VA
Locate this job: